Changing My Wifes Surname To Mine

Hello all,

Wanting help regarding changing my wifes surname to mine.

We was going to do it when we got married, but it was too much messing about.

Before we submitted our sv application my wife had to get a new passport, as her old one had run out.

She also needed a new i.d card, so we could marry.

If we had changed her surname to mine, at the time when we married, she would have had to change her i.d card and passport again, it was just not worth the hassle, as we were ready to submit her sv application.

But now 3 months into her stay in England, we want to change her surname to mine, but how do we go about doing it???

When we do it, will she have to get a new passport over here in the UK??

How much are the charges in a name change, and who and where will do it???

Many thanks

Scotty

Hello all,

Before we submitted our sv application my wife had to get a new passport, as her old one had run out.

If we had changed her surname to mine, at the time when we married, she would have had to change her i.d card and passport again, it was just not worth the hassle, as we were ready to submit her sv application.

But now 3 months into her stay in England, we want to change her surname to mine, but how do we go about doing it???

Many thanks

Scotty

You don't need to change it,once it is changed ie,thai passport you cannot change it back.

NB :o

Hi

Based on my wife's experience, she change to use my surname in Thailand at amphur. We got married in Swiss in 2003. Her passport stayed the same (using her thai surname), till she made it changed last year. She was not in hurry to change surname to mine, but she must get it changed cause she wanted register our daughter name in Thai house registration ( my previous posts has given details how to change surname in TH).

My wife said + guessed that your wife can get new ID card only in Thailand at Amphur. She got her ID card with new (my)surname. I never heard that Embassy will issue ID card, they do only make passport.

Why you need to change her surname to yours now.. She can wait to change it till she gets back to TH cause it is more easier to deal with people at amphur.

Hope it helps,

Lakdee

Hello all,

Many thanks

Scotty