What Keeps You In Thailand?

wongamat20

What I hate about Thailand is the growing group of farang who want to change this country into something 'more civilized' if you know what I mean.

Like everyone should conform to your idea of what is/is not acceptable ..... if you know what I mean?!

What is acceptable for me and probably not for others is that there is 'burning' in this country as well as suicidle behaviour in traffic and many more things.

I am not calling in the cops, like many people insinuate that should be done, in newspapers. This country can grow by itself even may it take much longer than......what some people want?

Second world war was not so long ago, so what is time?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things that keep me in Thailand....hmmm....

The food (first time I went to Thailand, gained 20 pounds...haha...) the weather (I do NOT enjoy being cold and Idon't like snow) the more relaxed (some people might call it lazy) atmosphere, the friendliness of the people (though I have met some not so friendly people of course, happens wherever you go though,) the beautiful scenery in some of the places (hence the reason I would LOVE to someday live permanantly in northern Thailand. I personally think it is gorgeous there,) the handsome (not ugly) good (not bad) thai men (have to agree with pattaya girl on that one :D though I already do have a boyfriend in Thailand, but no harm in just looking at them... :o )

Most of all though...I just feel like it's a place that I belong in. When I am in the US, it always lacks "sanuk" and I don't really know why...it just does. Oh, and also I like living in Thailand because I love to travel in Asia, and well, Thailand is a good place to go from to travel around Asia.

What I hate about Thailand is the growing group of farang who want to change this country into something 'more civilized' if you know what I mean.

I know what you mean and agree

Like expecting cars to give way to you at zebra crossings???

---

Some people will complain no matter where they live. Chronic gripers will never be happy anywhere. I think you need to look at the positive in your surroundings. Nowhere is perfect, but Thailand has a lot going for it. Of course, there are people who genuinely don't suit Thailand and should leave if they can.

I have made a family here in Thailand, and enjoy my life. I know that there are many other places where I could also be happy, but you make your choices and you do the best you can with the results of these choices. No place is perfect.

Well said, sir

I stay in Thailand because the climate is great, the cost of living is low, everyone is always smiling, and last but not least some of the Thai men are very very handsome indeed. Yummy.

Fair play to you pattaya girl. At least your honest. Many of the men in Pattaya like to pretend that they are not sex tourists :o

The sweethearts, the weather, and the food, the remaining is not worth staying for as far as I am concerned. I have moved back to the US for employment and am bringing my GF over soon. The weather in the south is not too bad. The food we can make. So for me I have it all, the best of Thailand and better ! Can now work, buy land, vote for the local government, speak to whoever with no problem, no misunderstandings, no visa runs, no three month check in, dependable electric, dependable water, police that you can depend on, legal system that kind of works???, same pricing for everyone, much safer, traffic laws that are respected, etc etc... After 13 years in LOS I am now out of there. The second best move of my life. It's funny but the first was moving to Thailand. Just changed too much for me. I can hear the crap now but if you take away the first three reasons I stated for being in Thailand I believe most would leave. I just got fedup with the crap ! Will I ever go back, perhaps ????

I know what you mean and agree

Like expecting cars to give way to you at zebra crossings???

---

You got some of the picture. I mean in Thailand there are certain rules and habits. Dogs are lowest in society rank. Feet are dirty and head is holey. Pedestrains are weakest, cars are bigger and trucks and buses even bigger than.

I would love to give you way at a zebra crossing, but both of us will eventually get hit. Why using the Zebra if you have the whole street for you to cross :o TIT