Got Some Great Photos.....

FolkGuitar

Got some great photos of people hurling large buckets of water from inside the "Polite Zones" at passers-by. They were very effective for providing the throwers with shade, but I thought they had a different purpose....

Got some great photos of people using high pressure water canons. (All farangs, as it happens.) I thought these were outlawed (again.)

On the plus side, I got some great photos of a lot of very happy, smiling people having a delightful time enjoying Songkran. Even all the guys pushing the different overheated pickup trucks were smiling (staggering a lot too, but happily,) while they pushed. I think the sound trucks might have been a touch too loud, but I'm pretty deaf anyway so maybe I was wrong.

This is a fun holiday for those wishing to participate, an amazing experience for those who've never been through one, and pure hel_l for those who would like some semblance of rational behavior. I had fun today. I'll stay home for the next two days. :o

Guess your camera survived? :D So, when do we get to see some of these photos - preferably wet t-shirts and I don't mean yours. :D

I had the camera in a 'soft' SCUBA housing. Keeps it perfectly dry. I don't trust this housing any deeper than a few meters and rarely use it when diving, preferring instead a dedicated dive camera, but it's perfect for Songkran!

As for wet t-shirt shots.... sorry but all I saw were pre-op katoeys. NOT what most editors are asking for, so I really didn't take many photos of them. Maybe if I went down Loi Khra in the late afternoon I'd have more luck, but then, I might not make it home in time to feed the cat. In fact, I might not make it home at all! :o