Toyota Vios E20, Fuel Consumption?

laurent

Hi guys,

Does anyone of you own one of the new Toyota vios 2007 that can run on E20?

What is the fuel consumption like? Are we above 18Km/liter?

Is the price still around 499,000 for the basic model and 699,000 for the sporty edition?

Any comments or advise before I buy it?

Thank you for your help,

Laurent

Hi guys,

Does anyone of you own one of the new Toyota vios 2007 that can run on E20?

What is the fuel consumption like? Are we above 18Km/liter?

Is the price still around 499,000 for the basic model and 699,000 for the sporty edition?

Any comments or advise before I buy it?

Thank you for your help,

Laurent

I think your being VERY optimistic. I'd bet that you will be lucky to get 14 to 15 kpl. To get much more than that, you'll have to wait for a diesel or a hybrid.

I've got one.

Running it on Gasohol 91 I get 700kms from a full tank which is supposed to be 42 litres but I'm only getting in 36 litres when filling up so yes, above 18kms per litre.

Price is still 499,000 for the basic model and it's a nice little car. Smooth, comfortable and quiet but if you're tall you might have a problem with headroom, better sit in one first.

I've got one.

Running it on Gasohol 91 I get 700kms from a full tank which is supposed to be 42 litres but I'm only getting in 36 litres when filling up so yes, above 18kms per litre.

Price is still 499,000 for the basic model and it's a nice little car. Smooth, comfortable and quiet but if you're tall you might have a problem with headroom, better sit in one first.

Thanks for your answer.

May I ask you if you have the 499,000 version or the top Limited S type? Do you use 91 E20? I'm impressed with the 700km, wow, do you drive mostly on freeways or a mixed?

Again thanks for your help,

Laurent

I got the basic J model.

I haven't found any E20 around Pattaya yet, have only seen it in the PTT petrol station at the corner of Nana in Bangkok.

I've used Gasohol 95 once which didn't give as good mileage as the Gasohol 91.

I do mostly open road driving from Pattaya to Map Ta Phut and vice versa, not town traffic which I guess you'll get in Bangkok.

• 3 months later...

No flipping way. Not here in Chiang Mai, at least.

I rented a new (only 20,000 km on it) Vios J from Avis for one month. Every SINGLE time I filled up the car I documented the 'mileage' (i.e. kilometers per liter). My average for city driving was 11.5 km per liter. Filling up the 40 liter tank once the low fuel indicator came on was the norm. The most km per tank was @450, except when I did a border run to Mae Sai and managed to get 16km/liter. But still never came anywhere close to 700km on a single tank.

Which proves that most of the mileage estimates out the are total crap.

I've got one.

I've had one for three years. I run it on Gasohol 91. Last time I calculated I got 19Km/liter, but that was on a road trip from Korat to Nong Khai. I've not seen E20 for sale here yet. I have the "sporty" version....

No flipping way. Not here in Chiang Mai, at least.

I rented a new (only 20,000 km on it) Vios J from Avis for one month. Every SINGLE time I filled up the car I documented the 'mileage' (i.e. kilometers per liter). My average for city driving was 11.5 km per liter. Filling up the 40 liter tank once the low fuel indicator came on was the norm. The most km per tank was @450, except when I did a border run to Mae Sai and managed to get 16km/liter. But still never came anywhere close to 700km on a single tank.

Which proves that most of the mileage estimates out the are total crap.

I've got one.

I'm not reporting mileage estimates I'm reporting ACTUAL usage.

^^ its believable if u r doing nearly all motorway driving with little traffic. On long distance trips i get around 18 km/l in my Jazz and i tend to have a heavy right foot on open roads. i'm sure i could do better if staying under 100 km/h

80-90km/h with very light throttle will be optimal. There will be a big difference in fuel consumption between 80 and 100 km/h, as I found in 2.0 civic.

80-90km/h with very light throttle will be optimal. There will be a big difference in fuel consumption between 80 and 100 km/h, as I found in 2.0 civic.

the 2.0 civic drank non stop. i am getting better millage out of my 2.0 liter accord, I do drive this one a little easier though.

Is there such a vast difference between town driving and long trips ?

To give a comparison, my Isuzu manages about 8km/l around town though sometimes up to 9km/l but it will go around 11 or 12 on a run unless a totally lead foot. So about a 50% increase on distance driving.

^^ my own calculations from my records which i have maintained over 2.5 years show that my Jazz vtec averages 12 km/l with 90% town driving (in Phuket Town, which is quite different to driving in BKK). On long distance trips, i average around 18 km/l.

Thats also a 50% difference. :o