Amd 64 Ubuntu 8.04 Long Term Support Dvd Wanted

fanciman

Is anybody going to download this in Chiang Mai? I would like to get a copy but my internet connection is no good.

I could pay for the cost of the DVD.

Are you excited about this forthcoming release? It is called Hardy Heron. I am really looking forward to using it.

Edited by fanciman

I'm already using the beta, still some smaller hickups, but nothing really serious - above all just really fast, I like this one on my AMD64X2!

Will download the endversion asap when available, will be next week Thursday or Friday here in LOS. 

PM me, will give you the copy.

But if you wanna maintain it you need internet-connection for nearly everything!

Regards,

Siamshot

I have tried the beta, the problem I had was it uses firefox3 and you cannot synchronise your bookmarks with it.

read elsewhere other firefox add -ons dont work yet,its a firefox3 problen not ubuntu as such.

The new Ubuntu long term support is available now here.

Same here. I downloaded the CD via azureus (bittorrent). I found the torrent on thepiratebay. It was a copy of the torrent ubuntu is using on his web-page. The iso image has the same md5sum, so I am sure it's not a fake copy (with malware). It downloaded very fast (about at the speed of my internet connection).

But it's a CD, not a DVD as you say.

If you have ADSL I would download the CD this way. If you have internet via a telephone modem you can also order a free CD on the ubuntu website (don't even try downloading it).

Edited by kriswillems

i live in chiang mai and can make one for you if you want. just send me a PM in case you have not been able to get a copy. it works wonderfully on my AMD64 athlon x2. superb operating system i tell ya !