Trying To Book Bkk To Ldn From Uk.

Eastender

Hi,

I'm trying to book a ticket for my Thai sister-in-law flying BKK to London return. I'm trying to book and pay from the UK.

Dates: depart BKK June 27th, depart London July 19th or 20th.

Firstly I'm surprised at cost, best price found was on Eva air's own website, 44,700 Baht. Another problem is that EVA and Thai airways own websites state that the person paying by credit card must also be travelling - as their UK offices are closed I can't discuss this until Monday.

Many good companies such as West East travel don't sell tickets in the UK for people starting in BKK. They told me it was cheaper to book from Thailand so contacted STA in Bangkok, cheapest was still 48,000 and I couldn't book from UK with credit card.

Seems the only way will be to transfer funds to sister-in-law and she book direct with Thai/EVA or through STA.

Any better suggestions?

I always fly EVA and they do indeed always want to see the credit card I used to book the flight.

Your suggestion of sending the money to your sister-in-law and her paying cash sounds the easiest option with Eva Air.

You are right about the higher cost.

I think that fare includes about 11,000 baht in taxes/fuel surchages doesn't it???

Then of course this does not yet factor in the increase due to the pound/baht exchange rate, which has gone from about 69 baht per pound to about 62 baht per pound since November!!!

Edited by dsfbrit

Try 71 to 60!

I'm also looking for reasonably priced flights from BKK - they're a bleeding fortune. Is it better to book now (for July/Aug) or wait until nearer the time, in order to take advantage of special deals etc. Is there a proven strategy. Do prices tend to drift up nearer the departure date, or fall if the flights aren't full? I can be pretty flexible and go at the drop of a hat if necessary. Finally, is it better to book online or go with a Bangkok travel agent?

I'm surprised at the cost of the flights - July/aug isn't exactly high season, is it? I also find not being able to book BKK-LHR through one of the established UK websites annoying.

My understanding is, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, that long haul flights are usually fully booked and thereofre don't have doiscounted seats and unlike European flights can't lay on an extra flight. Therefore the last minute deals dont apply - but like I say, I could be wrong. Suggest you start a new thread asking that same question.

My understanding is, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, that long haul flights are usually fully booked and thereofre don't have doiscounted seats and unlike European flights can't lay on an extra flight. Therefore the last minute deals dont apply - but like I say, I could be wrong. Suggest you start a new thread asking that same question.

Yes your right on the button, leaving it last minute will be a bad idea although it's low season in Thailand it will be close to high season in the UK (children's school holidays) like you say it may be cheaper booking through an airline consolidator inside Thailand so wiring the money may be the best option?

Hi All,

I too have been looking for cheaper fares ex Bangkok but without any success.

My friend is living in Seoul, he is flying with Thai to London via Bangkok on the 1st of July, the price of his return ticket from Seoul to London including taxes and charges is £501.00 sterling!

The same flight, same dates from BKK to LHR and back is 52,000THB at today's rate (62?) is £838 sterling. Now explain that!!

Anyway for those with time on their hands, you may wish to consider flying ex Hong Kong with either BA or Virgin.

British Airways return fare either ex UK or ex Hong Kong works out at about £388 sterling including taxes and charges, on BA web-site.

Getting to Hong Kong from Bangkok cheaply is possible either with Air Asia to Macau or with one2go direct to Hong Kong.

Anyway, just a thought....

FRM-UK now Bangkok