Motorcycle Anti-theft Security

sibeymai

Hi All,

Where can I find one of these Xena (motion sensor ) disc locks, and what should one expect to pay . I checked Red Barron, however did not see. Looking for local, downtown Bangkok. I am going to check Paddok today as it is very close to me, however i do not recall them ever having.

Thnx

Red Baron stocks Xena alarms- about 1400 Baht.

Another shop that has 'em is Panda Rider.

Never seen 'em at Paddock.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Tera Motors in Phuket ask 4000 baht for them

Edited by katabeachbum

Hi All,

Where can I find one of these Xena (motion sensor ) disc locks, and what should one expect to pay . I checked Red Barron, however did not see. Looking for local, downtown Bangkok. I am going to check Paddok today as it is very close to me, however i do not recall them ever having.

Thnx

Happy Trails!

Tony

Tera Motors in Phuket ask 4000 baht for them

Sounds like TP..

Tho to be fair xena does have a range from the cheaper ones right up to much higher value.. Need to compare like for like..

Hi All,

Thnx

Happy Trails!

Tony

Thnx Guys

I stopped out at Red Raron, should have called 1st as they are sold out; They should have in about 2wks :) Which gives me more time to decide on which bike to upgrade to. Stopped at Paddock, they have a disc brake for around 460bt without the motion sensor.

Edited by Newguy70

• 4 weeks later...

Think about an alarm with a hidden siren, the xena locks siren can be reduced about 30 decibels with a t-shirt and a rubber band.

Get a padlock and put it through the sprocket if you have one, the brake disc calipers can be removed by two bolts and renders almost any lock useless.

• 2 months later...

i am also thinking about upgrading my security measures. problem is this. i got a new 650R with 1st class insurance.....

but because i financed it...so technically it is not mine yet.....1st clas insurance only means tha you wont have to pay the installments anymore if the bike gets nicked...

thats good but of course still leaves me a bit scared.

I have a disc lock already from company called Abus... There are a German company and I was told with Xena make the best locks. but I havent found any dealer her yet who has them.

Now in additin I would like to get a chain lock also. Does Red Baron (or any other shop in Bangkok) has specific chain locks on sale? I could go the route with buying at home pro as mentioned above but I have the feeling that the Abus and Xena locks are better security. But proof me wrong if I fell victim to some Marketnig bla bla and actually a chain and pa lock from hom pro is fine.

Another question: How do you guys lock your helmet to your bike?

Ive seen these bolt lock types where you install a steel bolt to your bike and then can lock the helmet to it but I find that way too complicated (and ugly). Isnt it enough to just use a long cable lock and run it through your full face helmet and then aronud the whole bike? Or just the handle on the seat? Should be enough for a helmet I think, right?

So if anybody can give me any comments about my questions and knows a good shop that stocks chain locks, please let me know. Thanks!

^^^^ Good idea, what size padlock would you suggest?

Link to a pic?

cheers. :)

gd

My laziness will get my bike stolen plus I have insurance and really don't love my scooter.

So if there's a sectioned off bike area with a guard or lots of people around like in front of the MRT station I only lock the stock bike's key/steering lock.

If I'm parking in a regular and more susceptible place I have the yellow Xena lock like the one pictured before.

It is loud and I paid $80USD back in California.

I use it more for the alarm than the physical locking.

For real physical deterrence I put a Kryptonite NYC disc lock around my cast wheel spoke and wrap a thick 10mm cable around something else.

https://www.kryptonitelock.com/OutletProduc...03&pid=1142

If you really like your bike, you should just order online and get the best Kryptonite lock since they've pioneered the industry forever and even have certifications.

I wouldn't trust the crappy locks sold here nor even the Xena for physical strength.

Any determined thieves will get our bikes.

At least with the Kryptonite lock I have the pleasure knowing the jerks are going to spend a lot of time to break it off and hopefully ruin the bike's wheel in the process.