Loneliness- Being Away From The Isaan Lady

RY12

I think you should be careful about this, or seek out some better advice...

From my recollection, if a Thai person applies for U.S. a tourist visa and is denied, and then repeats the process again and again, at some point the U.S. Embassy supposedly will put them on a black list of denial. I remember also hearing that if a Thai applicant is denied, they should wait at least 6 months again before re-applying...

Maybe others here can opine more about this. The difficult part about these things is, and I say this as an American, the U.S. Embassy in BKK seems to do almost nothing in the public domain to document their procedures about these visa things. So, it always seems to be rumors and reports...not any solid policy or official information someone can rely on.

There are also some other options, such as her applying for a U.S. student visa... (although many are denied, I know some ladies who have obtained them lately without being rich or well-connected, though I can't quite figure out how. U.S. language schools are a common route.)

Then there also are the au pair (nanny) agencies... where the agency helps the Thai lady get a job with a matching family in a foreign country..including the U.S. I know Thai ladies with NO resources who have managed to do this to the U.S. or other countries...

Thanks. I think we're going to apply for the US tourist visa this summer even though I know there's a 90% chance she won't get it, just because it's better than doing nothing and they let you apply again if circumstances change. I'm hoping they few multiple attempts with tenacity rather than suspicion, and there's always the possibility of the fiancee visas when I get out of school.

Why fool around with a Fiancee visa if you love the woman just marry her and apply for immigration visa

I can't understand what it is about this wanting your cake and eat it too attitude..you are travelling to Thailand to see her 2-3 times a year so if you don't have enough feelings to marry her quit complaining about US Immigration

You didn't read my post, I can't get either K-1 or K-3 visa because I'm a student, I can't meet the financial support requirements for those visas nor do I have a sponsor. I won't be employed for another 2 years, after I've graduated.

:o The one thing that you could do is work harder at finishing graduate school or change schools.

Most US Universities have graduate programs that can be completed in 18 months.

:D What graduate program are u in?

Regards,

ChiefBEM

I'm in law school, and I'm finishing it as fast as I can by studying in the summer (this summer in Phnom Penh)... but it's still another 2 years until I've graduated AND gotten my Bar exam results back

I think you should be careful about this, or seek out some better advice...

From my recollection, if a Thai person applies for U.S. a tourist visa and is denied, and then repeats the process again and again, at some point the U.S. Embassy supposedly will put them on a black list of denial. I remember also hearing that if a Thai applicant is denied, they should wait at least 6 months again before re-applying...

Thanks chandler, I do have a post going on the immigration section, but it's not getting many responses. I'll try calling the Embassy, but I doubt they'll give me any information on this. Hopefully if she gets denied a couple times, by the time the third comes around I'd be lawyer and able to meet the reqs for the K-1 or 3 (avoiding the blacklist scenario)

Edited by RY12

just get a student visa dopey?

The problem is with any kind of visas for young Thais to western countries is to persuade the visa officer that they will return to Thailand at the end of their visa dates.

If any slight doubt, a visa officer can always say : although you have a good sponsor, you have money, etc. I am not satisfied that you will return to Thailand at the end of your stay and refuse the visa whether it is a tourist or student or any other types of short term visas.

The same application papers were given to 2 different western Embassies and one gave without question a 3 months stay the other refused for not being satisfied that the Thai would return.

It is unfortunately in many cases a lottery.

"I'm in law school, and I'm finishing it as fast as I can by studying in the summer (this summer in Phnom Penh)... but it's still another 2 years until I've graduated AND gotten my Bar exam results back"

WOW!

Law School with a summer session in Phnom Penh.

Sounds like a unique program.

Where is the school's main campus?

Regards,

ChiefBEM

RY12 & aintraving,

Where are you guys located? I am in Seattle so feel free to drop me a line if you want to grab a beer or something. I am in a similar situation as the misses has been in Ubon for a few weeks and was only home for a few days prior to that. He father passed so she is taking care of business and I speak with her and my daughter on a daily basis. It is hard though and I am not much of a drinker so beer does not lessen the void. Waiting for VISAs is not something I have ran into luckily since I married my wife here and pushed everything through in less than 6 months. I hear from her friends all the time though so I understand the frustration at least. It will work out in the end.

Cheers.

Mike in Seattle

Can one trust ones wife when thousands of miles away. If so. How ? She's a virile woman with needs and a family to keep. Why is it that all seem to think that they're at home knitting socks. Get real.

Edited by coventry

Can one trust ones wife when thousands of miles away. If so. How ? She's a virile woman with needs and a family to keep. Why is it that all seem to think that they're at home knitting socks. Get real.

Coventry, do you ever have anything postive to say?

Can one's wife trust one husband when thousands of miles away? It goes both way..

-- Mike, I'm from the Eastside.. I'm headed out tomorrow but us Seattle folks should get together sometime.

cheers

All I say is positive. I see what I see, and say, on a day to day basis. You've been here a few times and got married . You're still seeing things through rose coloured spectacles It's people who live here that will confirm what I say is true. Try looking up www.mypattaya.com/151thaibargirls.asp. Look up myth 9. Without being too direct, aintravingr8, I'm trying to help you. If you want to just be left alone and stay ignorant then please say so ? The amount of times I've heard "I didn't know that" is too many. Have you read "Confessions of a Bangkok Private-Eye" by Warren Olsen yet as I've remarked on to you before ? Probably not. A highly recommended read that will educate all.

This forum is too tame and doesn't hit the nail on the head when it comes down to telling how it is. Try going on www.<URL Automatically Removed> and post all your posts from this forum and see if you get the same respopnse as here ? They will eat you.

Either way best of luck and our paths may cross in the coming weeks.

For as many references as you make to this Confessions of a Bangkok Private-Eye book, I would of sworn that you're the author. Maybe your making commission from the sales of this book. I wouldn't doubt it.

All these myths are all about money, well guess what I don't have any money.. What myth would that fall under?? I think you fall under myth #4, is it hot today?

Tell me Coventry, are you single or married? How many BG's have you took a spin with? Maybe your the reason these girls are looking elsewhere, thanks we all appreciate it.

Do you know my wife by chance? Maybe you know something I don't know? Does she really party while I'm away, does she go back to the bar to make money? Is the money I send to her not enough? Should I take out a loan for her and build her a new home, buy her a truck? Do you recommend that since it seems your spectacles are a bit clearer then mine?

If this forum is too tame and doesn't hit the nail on the head, why do you keep coming back then?

This thread has nothing to do with trust or money and I'm really not too sure why you even bothered.

Coventry,

Not all women are the same. Not all women in Thailand have been in the BG scene. Women and Men the world over have needs of course. I for one refuse to live as such a pessimist. You may choose to live a paranoid life, but you will never be content or happy IMHO. Most of the forums and books you mention focus on women that come from poverty and are seeking security and love as quickly as possible. I can't fault them for making the decisions they make in order to find those things. It just seems that Western men fall for Thai women a little too easy since they appear so different than their Western sisters when actually what all women seek in the end is the same. There is often an age difference involved in most stories of woe that you read about on other forums and in books. This is not something that only happens with Thai women. Older men and younger women have been playing this game for thousands of years. The older men then get all bent when the younger women looks at another man. As you said, they have needs. IMO there will always be issues when there is a large age difference in a relationship. Luckily my wife is only a few years younger than me :o So when you read these stories and posts, ask yourself what the age difference is between the two and what each expected from the relationship. You will usually find I bet that the age difference is great and each party expected something totally different from the relationship.

"Any motivated behavior must be understood to be a channel through which many basic needs may be simultaneously expressed or satisfied. Typically an act has more than one motivation."

- Abraham Maslow (1943)

Take this as you will, but please try and be less of a nay-sayer, you may live a happier longer life.

Mike in Seattle

Coventry,

Not all women are the same. Not all women in Thailand have been in the BG scene. Women and Men the world over have needs of course. I for one refuse to live as such a pessimist. You may choose to live a paranoid life, but you will never be content or happy IMHO. Most of the forums and books you mention focus on women that come from poverty and are seeking security and love as quickly as possible. I can't fault them for making the decisions they make in order to find those things. It just seems that Western men fall for Thai women a little too easy since they appear so different than their Western sisters when actually what all women seek in the end is the same. There is often an age difference involved in most stories of woe that you read about on other forums and in books. This is not something that only happens with Thai women. Older men and younger women have been playing this game for thousands of years. The older men then get all bent when the younger women looks at another man. As you said, they have needs. IMO there will always be issues when there is a large age difference in a relationship. Luckily my wife is only a few years younger than me :o So when you read these stories and posts, ask yourself what the age difference is between the two and what each expected from the relationship. You will usually find I bet that the age difference is great and each party expected something totally different from the relationship.

"Any motivated behavior must be understood to be a channel through which many basic needs may be simultaneously expressed or satisfied. Typically an act has more than one motivation."

- Abraham Maslow (1943)

Take this as you will, but please try and be less of a nay-sayer, you may live a happier longer life.

Mike in Seattle

Firstly, I admire you in jumping to the defence of someone you've never met. I've met his wife, something he probably doesn't know about. You therefore don't understand the full story. I mention one forum site, which was censored, and one book. You stated plurals to both.

Please tell me in what other country, in the world, where a man will send a prositute money on a regular basis. Then pay a dowery to her family so that he can marry her and pay to keep her kids on top ? Do they do this in the US, UK or Aus ? I'm one 100% sure they wouldn't. Be sure of this, in that if you marry a Thai woman and you have nothing, then she will still carry on looking for that pot of gold and when she finds it, one is history. It's in a Thai nature to marry for financial security not love. Divorce is a trip to the Ampur and sign a paper, if both agree. Over in 10 minutes. Then back to find the next sucker that will pay a dowery to the family. I'm not paranoid but realistic. I see this going on all the time. Do you, 8,000 miles away ?

"Stick up for your father because he stuck up for you, once" Quote from my mother 1968.

Mick in Non Suwan

Edited by coventry

All I say is positive. I see what I see, and say, on a day to day basis. You've been here a few times and got married . You're still seeing things through rose coloured spectacles It's people who live here that will confirm what I say is true. Try looking up www.mypattaya.com/151thaibargirls.asp. Look up myth 9. Without being too direct, aintravingr8, I'm trying to help you. If you want to just be left alone and stay ignorant then please say so ? The amount of times I've heard "I didn't know that" is too many. Have you read "Confessions of a Bangkok Private-Eye" by Warren Olsen yet as I've remarked on to you before ? Probably not. A highly recommended read that will educate all.

This forum is too tame and doesn't hit the nail on the head when it comes down to telling how it is. Try going on www.<URL Automatically Removed> and post all your posts from this forum and see if you get the same respopnse as here ? They will eat you.

For as many references as you make to this Confessions of a Bangkok Private-Eye book, I would of sworn that you're the author. Maybe your making commission from the sales of this book. I wouldn't doubt it.

All these myths are all about money, well guess what I don't have any money.. What myth would that fall under?? I think you fall under myth #4, is it hot today?

Tell me Coventry, are you single or married? How many BG's have you took a spin with? Maybe your the reason these girls are looking elsewhere, thanks we all appreciate it.

Do you know my wife by chance? Maybe you know something I don't know? Does she really party while I'm away, does she go back to the bar to make money? Is the money I send to her not enough? Should I take out a loan for her and build her a new home, buy her a truck? Do you recommend that since it seems your spectacles are a bit clearer then mine?

If this forum is too tame and doesn't hit the nail on the head, why do you keep coming back then?

This thread has nothing to do with trust or money and I'm really not too sure why you even bothered.

My previous reply to this post was deleted due to breaching forum rules. So I'll try and be a little more subtle. Hyperthetical question. Not

I'm 8,000 miles away from my loyal bargirl wife who's gran is desprately ill, in intensive care, and my wife doesn't phone me, due to her phone not working properly. Also she's in attendance of her gran in I.C.U. So bless her for that.

Upon getting to her village I find out that she has, in fact, been entertaining a Farang of Arabic appearance all the time she was supposed to be looking after her gran. A guy in the village can varify all that has been said, plus more.

My question is do you think the guy in the village is a liar or is my wife ? I would dearly love to speak to the informant but I really have my head stuck up my **** and am to blind to see the truth anyway.

My spectales are more cleverer than yours because mine see what's really happening.

You have $40,000 in a US bank, so I'm told, so why don't you buy her the house she's pressurising you for ?

Yes I know something you don't and more.

I do know your wife I personally met her on 26th April along with a Farang who spoke very good English.

Yes I am married and no she isn't an ex BG

Been with loads of BG in my time in many country's around the world.

Maybe you're the reason why ex BG, wife carry on behind ones back when you're away. All this post is make believe and doesn't relate to anyone on this forum. Unless the cap fits.

Sorry but I couldn't be more subtle.

Edited by coventry

Coventry,

- Abraham Maslow (1943)

Mike in Seattle

Firstly, I admire you in jumping to the defence of someone you've never met. I've met his wife, something he probably doesn't know about. You therefore don't understand the full story. I mention one forum site, which was censored, and one book. You stated plurals to both.

Please tell me in what other country, in the world, where a man will send a prositute money on a regular basis. Then pay a dowery to her family so that he can marry her and pay to keep her kids on top ? Do they do this in the US, UK or Aus ? I'm one 100% sure they wouldn't. Be sure of this, in that if you marry a Thai woman and you have nothing, then she will still carry on looking for that pot of gold and when she finds it, one is history. It's in a Thai nature to marry for financial security not love. Divorce is a trip to the Ampur and sign a paper, if both agree. Over in 10 minutes. Then back to find the next sucker that will pay a dowery to the family. I'm not paranoid but realistic. I see this going on all the time. Do you, 8,000 miles away ?

"Stick up for your father because he stuck up for you, once" Quote from my mother 1968.

Mick in Non Suwan

Gone a bit quiet on this subject 'Oceanover'. Also no response from 'Aintravingr8' ? But there again he's now over here. Sorry, my condolances to your wife for the loss of her grandmother.

Aintravingr8, if you'd read the book you'd know that selling the gold and complaining that the money you send not being enough is standard practise. As a farang 15-20,000 Baht will keep me and 3 more for a month. If I was a Thai I'd be able to bank some on top. On top she gets 4,000 Baht plus for house cleaning (your words). She in fact, proportionately, as a Thai, probably gets more than you. Are the bells still not ringing ?

Sorry forgot. There's now a funeral to pay for. Just a minute and I'll take a guess, who.............k will.......... for it ?

Edited by coventry

Coventry,

- Abraham Maslow (1943)

Mike in Seattle

Mick in Non Suwan

Gone a bit quiet on this subject 'Oceanover'. Also no response from 'Aintravingr8' ? But there again he's now over here. Sorry, my condolances to your wife for the loss of her grandmother.

Aintravingr8, if you'd read the book you'd know that selling the gold and complaining that the money you send not being enough is standard practise. As a farang 15-20,000 Baht will keep me and 3 more for a month. If I was a Thai I'd be able to bank some on top. On top she gets 4,000 Baht plus for house cleaning (your words). She in fact, proportionately, as a Thai, probably gets more than you. Are the bells still not ringing ?

Sorry forgot. There's now a funeral to pay for. Just a minute and I'll take a guess, who.............k will.......... for it ?

Hi There,

I met my Thai spouse when she was studying here in Dublin, then she went back and I went to see her every summer until I finshed uni.....not easy but whatever will be will be. Now she lives with me in Ireland. Whatever will be will be.

I think to really understand Thai women you have to understand that Thailand doesnt have any

child benefit / social welfare / disability. They will do whatever they have to do and thats it really!

D'ont want to pay a dowry ? Dont get married then.

Ps I enjoy Thai Visa a lot.....keep up the good work!

John

Dublin.

I agree that Thais have to do whatever they can to survive but working as a bargirl isn't one. One of the first Thai women I ever spoke to was serving in a cafe in BKK. We got to talking about work and she told me she worked in BKK to support her aged father back up north. I said there must be better paid jobs than the one she was doing, like working in a bar. She replied that no matter how poor Thais are, the one thing they should never do is sell their body. Certain people come on here and say "my wife/girlfriend had to work the bars to support her family". What a load of rubbish. If that's the case all the women around here would be working the bars but they're not. I know many women, where I live, who support families on work they find local. Bargirls use the "I only do it to support..............." for the sympathy vote so that the farang will sponser them money every month so they can go back home. Do they go home ? No. They stay in the bar, farang none the wiser 1,000s miles away, where his now g/f is still sucking ........... Plus she will be getting money from other sponsers but wont tell you about them. She'll be edging her bets to see which one she can gain the most from. The other reasons why Thai girls work bars is because they like the western attributes that come with the job that they can't get up north. The chances are also that she'll be a drug addict financing her addiction. You can take the girl out of the bar ( pay the fine) but you can't take the bar out of the girl.

Edited by coventry

I agree that Thais have to do whatever they can to survive but working as a bargirl isn't one. One of the first Thai women I ever spoke to was serving in a cafe in BKK. We got to talking about work and she told me she worked in BKK to support her aged father back up north. I said there must be better paid jobs than the one she was doing, like working in a bar. She replied that no matter how poor Thais are, the one thing they should never do is sell their body. Certain people come on here and say "my wife/girlfriend had to work the bars to support her family". What a load of rubbish. If that's the case all the women around here would be working the bars but they're not. I know many women, where I live, who support families on work they find local. Bargirls use the "I only do it to support..............." for the sympathy vote so that the farang will sponser them money every month so they can go back home. Do they go home ? No. They stay in the bar, farang none the wiser 1,000s miles away, where his now g/f is still sucking ........... Plus she will be getting money from other sponsers but wont tell you about them. She'll be edging her bets to see which one she can gain the most from. The other reasons why Thai girls work bars is because they like the western attributes that come with the job that they can't get up north. The chances are also that she'll be a drug addict financing her addiction. You can take the girl out of the bar ( pay the fine) but you can't take the bar out of the girl.

coventry i totally agree with you champion.unfortunately some people are very naive.keep up the realistic comments.

coventry i totally agree with you champion.unfortunately some people are very naive.keep up the realistic comments.

Mmmmm................

Although some women may support their families on work they find local the pay will not be as high

as in a bar. Principles are one thing but at the end of the day they will do whatever they have to do

to help the family. "Working local" ( ie a low paid job ) wont pay the bills - you may survive but thats it.

Its up to the farang to bring woman back to his country if he wants her. If she wont go then pull the plug on the whole thing!

Cash is king.

My previous reply to this post was deleted due to breaching forum rules. So I'll try and be a little more subtle. Hyperthetical question. Not

I'm 8,000 miles away from my loyal bargirl wife who's gran is desprately ill, in intensive care, and my wife doesn't phone me, due to her phone not working properly. Also she's in attendance of her gran in I.C.U. So bless her for that.

Upon getting to her village I find out that she has, in fact, been entertaining a Farang of Arabic appearance all the time she was supposed to be looking after her gran. A guy in the village can varify all that has been said, plus more.

My question is do you think the guy in the village is a liar or is my wife ? I would dearly love to speak to the informant but I really have my head stuck up my **** and am to blind to see the truth anyway.

My spectales are more cleverer than yours because mine see what's really happening.

You have $40,000 in a US bank, so I'm told, so why don't you buy her the house she's pressurising you for ?

Yes I know something you don't and more.

I do know your wife I personally met her on 26th April along with a Farang who spoke very good English.

Yes I am married and no she isn't an ex BG

Been with loads of BG in my time in many country's around the world.

Maybe you're the reason why ex BG, wife carry on behind ones back when you're away. All this post is make believe and doesn't relate to anyone on this forum. Unless the cap fits.

Sorry but I couldn't be more subtle.

Coventry, sounds like you have your own problems so instead of worrying about others, you should worry about yourself.

If you want me to go into details I surely can and I have several sources that can confirm.

As far as my wifes personal finances, she is taken care of. She doesn't have to work and everything is fine. Surely we all don't get enough money each month but quite frankly her finances are none of anyones business. And you say that she's pressuring me into making a new home, obviously your hearing more hear say AGAIN.

This thread has nothing to do with your 'situation' so again really find a different thread to provide your infinite wisdom of Thailand life oK?

This town is full of bullsh*&t and you fuel that fire, thanks again.

Edited by aintravingr8

Aintravingr8 you are one sad person in that indirectly I've told you that your wife is seeing other farang behing your back and you choose to ignor the fact. I say God help you. You've stated in the past that your wife has/had a job cleaning a house for 4,000 + Baht per month. I live in the same village and I know all the farangs who have cleaners. Your wife doesn't clean for any of them. Can a Thai in our village afford to pay that per month, let alone have a house big enough to warrent a cleaner ? Answer No. " She doesn't need to work......" Yes she does 'cause she sold the gold you bought her because the 10,000 Baht you send her is't enough. Right or wrong ?

Why should I worry about myself ? Please go into detail. Know something I don't ? I doubt it, as you've proved that up 'til now. As for "her finances being of no one elses concern" you were the first one to mention her finances, so it's duck hunting season.

Nothing is hear say in what I write in that your wife openly brags of her predicament. It's a Thai thing.

Mmmmm................

Although some women may support their families on work they find local the pay will not be as high

as in a bar. Principles are one thing but at the end of the day they will do whatever they have to do

to help the family. "Working local" ( ie a low paid job ) wont pay the bills - you may survive but thats it.

Its up to the farang to bring woman back to his country if he wants her. If she wont go then pull the plug on the whole thing!

Cash is king.

This is not true. The average B/G doesn't get much more, if any, than if she harvesting Tapioca or rice. The B/G's actually get fined for not hitting targets, so in fact they can, sometimes, get less. Depending if it's rag dolly annie week and all they can be paid for is' drinks bought' then that's more of a worse week than because of the period. As I've said before, they do it for the easy option and they actually enjoy their jobs. Do not believe they do it for any other reason. Working local does pay the bills. If not, it's easy to make up the difference working in a local Kareoke bar. But that doesn't compare to working the bright lights of Pattaya, Phuket etc.

No it's not up to the farang to bring women back to his country. There's enough prostitutes there already. Why do you think immigration rules are so tough ? What do you think the interviewer, at the immigration, will say when they ask "what was your last job ?" and they answers "bargirl Pattaya". Do you think the IO will say " I understand. You were only doing it for the family . Here's your visa "

Edited by coventry

Some mod should consider to close this topic, as it's already been turned into a local negative gutter thing!

Edited by bergen