Euro 2008 On Tv?

rainman

unlike the WC2006, the "EURO2008" almost doesnt exist in this Forum..... probably has to do with a particular nation not being part of it, and their usually extremely outspoken and self-confident supporters keeping a low profile these days.... :D

by the way: which non-Thai stations will show the games ? ESPN, Super-sport, Star-Sport or which of those usual suspects ? anybody in the know ?

They won't let Australia come and play at Euro 2008 - (probably worried that we'd make it through to the semi-finals) - that's why this extremely outspoken and self-confident supporter is keeping a low profile.

:o . :D . :D . :D . :D .

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McDonald’s provides a small booklet.

It’s called “UEFA EURO 2000 Football Schedule”

All games and channels are exactly listed.

Most games are shown on Thai channels 7 and 9.

unlike the WC2006, the "EURO2008" almost doesnt exist in this Forum..... probably has to do with a particular nation not being part of it, and their usually extremely outspoken and self-confident supporters keeping a low profile these days.... :o

Im thinking there a posters from 5 nations that havent qualifed, and they should have had a 5 nation tournament to make up for it, if England cant police such an event they couldnt police WC2018.

unlike the WC2006, the "EURO2008" almost doesnt exist in this Forum..... probably has to do with a particular nation not being part of it, and their usually extremely outspoken and self-confident supporters keeping a low profile these days.... :o

by the way: which non-Thai stations will show the games ? ESPN, Super-sport, Star-Sport or which of those usual suspects ? anybody in the know ?

Urr no, It's not even started yet, so I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion when it does.

As regards the question that you have asked, I've already answeared it. :D

P.S. Do you come from a country with a large sheep population?

unlike the WC2006, the "EURO2008" almost doesnt exist in this Forum..... probably has to do with a particular nation not being part of it, and their usually extremely outspoken and self-confident supporters keeping a low profile these days.... :D

They won't let Australia come and play at Euro 2008 - (probably worried that we'd make it through to the semi-finals) - that's why this extremely outspoken and self-confident supporter is keeping a low profile.

:o . :D . :D . :D . :D .

They won't let Brazil and Argentina participate either.

Wonder why that is.

Oh, I think I know......maybe because it is called the European Cup, and not the World Cup.

Edited by Travel2003

I believe its mostly ESPN, but read some where that 2 matches will be on ABC.

in Aus, the opening game is also on SBS. not sure whats happening with the rest yet.....

must check again......hmmmmm

theres also a party on at the Swissotel in Sydney for the opening game!

Urr no, It's not even started yet, so I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion when it does.

As regards the question that you have asked, I've already answeared it. :D

P.S. Do you come from a country with a large sheep population?

me a non-native speaker and sheeps are unheard of in my area :o

or do you refer to a "s©hee(a)p charlie" ?

Hi

Wrote this on the topic - where in Bangkok to enjoy EURO 2008 matches out in the open:

Appreciate if you drop me a line if you know about other places / bars / public venues.

The big question will again be the English commentary. Guess there's no other option than that South African satellite feed.

nice link, ABSOLUTELYBANGKOK. the open-air at RANGSIT sounds tempting..... probably not many Farang there.... but quite a ride from my home in another BKK-suburb.....

lucky are the Malaysians, the have ASTRO-TV, and ASTRO has ASTRO STADIUM channels, which broadcasts ALL games in ENGLISH.

am already thinking of treating myself a 2-weeks-trip to Langkawi.... relaxing at the beach during daytime, and cheering "my" team at night.... while having a surprisingly inexpensive beer at the "Langkawi-duty-free-special-zone".... aahhh.... let's book the flight !

The majority of bar owners I have spoken to in Pattaya aren't showing it, as they are required to purchase some ridiculous license to do so, and that coupled with the times of the games made it not viable. I am sure the one's that show it will do well, cos I don't think there will be many of them.

Looks like lots of private parties and barbecues going on - even at international schools.

Best seems to organize some gigs with friends.

I just worked out that in Aus, not only will only a few games be shown on the free to air TV, but even normal cable package which includes ESPN and lots of fox sports will not be showing the games! gggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr

what they have done is put all the games on another cable channel, where you need to buy that channel as an extra

what a scheming thing!

Im a bit annoyed.

will check how much this cost and come back to complain again!

yes its setanta

but they are not in the standard foxtel package!

so now I have to get another channel.

how come you have it already? you must be on some advanced package then?

I think I will move to the MOD's house :o

save myself some extra 30$ :D

Channel S6 are showing it on South African tv., one draw back though, the commentary is in French.

which cable-provider or satellite system has them ? never heard about "channel S6". sorry, usually i rarely watch TV.....

oh, and why a SOUTH-AFRICAN TV STATION broadcasts in FRENCH ??? Huuuuuuh........

Edited by siam2007

McDonald's provides a small booklet.

It's called "UEFA EURO 2000 Football Schedule"

All games and channels are exactly listed.

Most games are shown on Thai channels 7 and 9.

That booklet sounds like it would have come in handy......8 years ago!!! :o

Edited by thecatman

I pay for it extra a month and its not 30 bucks. But under 20. Around 15 if i remember correctly.

its 15 per month, but with 15 subscription fee. unless I want 12 month subscription...which I dont need. normally all the sports I need is already on espn or foxsports...

Anyway. Must be soon time for a beer somewhere. You keen?

thought you'd never ask :o

I pay for it extra a month and its not 30 bucks. But under 20. Around 15 if i remember correctly.

its 15 per month, but with 15 subscription fee. unless I want 12 month subscription...which I dont need. normally all the sports I need is already on espn or foxsports...

Anyway. Must be soon time for a beer somewhere. You keen?

thought you'd never ask :o

Mig will never turn down a beer Jockstar. :D

haha

dont you start false rumours about me :o

Ive only ever had one beer my entire life!

one that I manage to finish! :D

oh and hi there to the lurking MOD :D

Edited by MiG16