4-wheel Drive Races On Koh Phangan

I didn't notice any advertisements for it, but yesterday afternoon, they were racing 4-wheel drive pickup trucks on a created track at the pier in Thong Sala, apparently today is the Final and they will be racing in Ban Neua, behind Ban Tai village. Starts around 10am.

My husband went to go have a look at the one in Thong Sala yesterday, said it was pretty busy. Did anyone here go and does anyone know who is putting it on? Anyone racing their 4-wheel truck in it?

I guess its moved back to Thong Sala for another leg of the race?

My husband has gone to enjoy it but since he gave me his headcold (which he is now over!) I just don't feel up for it. Too bad, sounds fun. Nice to have something different on the island for a change.

Well, my husband showed up and pulled me off the computer to go have a look at the last of the races in Thong Sala. It wasn't so hot and there were quite alot of people there, everyone was having a good time and seemed to really enjoy the races.

post-4641-1209297767_thumb.jpg

post-4641-1209297915_thumb.jpg

post-4641-1209297816_thumb.jpg

Apparently a national event as was last year. Also had a tri-athalon a few weeks ago.

Why are these things only advertised in thai?

Tourism authority of Koh Phangan organizes all these events, but only advertises in thai. Last year, 4X4 was 2 days after the full moon, but the only people that knew about it were the ones leaving on the songserm boat the same day.

Why?

Shouldn't the tourism authority of koh phangan be advertising in english, understood by the tourists that come to Koh Phangan. I can't find a website for these people.

Are they accountable?

Where does their budget come from?

Apparently a national event as was last year. Also had a tri-athalon a few weeks ago.

Why are these things only advertised in thai?

Tourism authority of Koh Phangan organizes all these events, but only advertises in thai. Last year, 4X4 was 2 days after the full moon, but the only people that knew about it were the ones leaving on the songserm boat the same day.

Why?

Shouldn't the tourism authority of koh phangan be advertising in english, understood by the tourists that come to Koh Phangan. I can't find a website for these people.

Are they accountable?

Where does their budget come from?

A national event ?.... I don't think so ! :o

Well, according to the announcer, the drivers were from around the country, Chiang Mai, Chonburi etc. In fact, as far as I know, there were no local people in the race this year.

Well, according to the announcer, the drivers were from around the country, Chiang Mai, Chonburi etc. In fact, as far as I know, there were no local people in the race this year.

Ok ! but I didn't see it in a TV or in a newspaper's national, and...... :o

Exactly my point No body knew about it!

Surely a tourism authority of koh Phangan should have been advertising this event.

I hear they managed to go to Germany to a tourism fair a few weeks ago???? ( hearsay only)