Residence Certificate And Attesta De Vita

hugocnx

Hi All,

Since Immigration no longer issues the Residence Certificate, i.e. for bying property or car in your own name, you will have to go to your Ambassy.

Does anyone know if you can get such a paper from another ambassy than your home country ambassy.

Same question goes for the Attesta de Vita, (proof of being alive).

What reason is there actually for Immigration to no longer issue the Residence Certificate?

Thanks

Hi All,

Since Immigration no longer issues the Residence Certificate, i.e. for bying property or car in your own name, you will have to go to your Ambassy.

Does anyone know if you can get such a paper from another ambassy than your home country ambassy.

Same question goes for the Attesta de Vita, (proof of being alive).

What reason is there actually for Immigration to no longer issue the Residence Certificate?

Thanks

Odd, because I just got (another) Certificate of Residency a couple of days ago from the Immigration office in Jomtien.

Didn't know there was another form to prove you are actually alive (I've always, or at least usually, have been able to prove that by showing up in person, and with the proper ID of course). Never been asked to prove I'm actually alive (except by the g/f on certain occasions) :o

And I was issued one in Mataput last week. Mataput requires that your landlord appear at immigration with you, and he must bring his ID and housebook. He has to fill out a declaration for all foreigners living at the residence, and you have to complete an application. I also had to provide a copy of my tenant lease contract and passport.

And I was issued one in Mataput last week. Mataput requires that your landlord appear at immigration with you, and he must bring his ID and housebook. He has to fill out a declaration for all foreigners living at the residence, and you have to complete an application. I also had to provide a copy of my tenant lease contract and passport.

That's true, although in my case, my landlady just had to provide a form of some kind, and a photocopy of her ID. I only had to fill out the application and provide 2 (passport type) photos and a copy of the "face page" and visa page of my passort.

Could be slightly different requirements depending on why you need the Certificate of Residence (i.e. buying a condo or just a moto), and which office you deal with.

That's true, although in my case, my landlady just had to provide a form of some kind, and a photocopy of her ID. I only had to fill out the application and provide 2 (passport type) photos and a copy of the "face page" and visa page of my passort.

Could be slightly different requirements depending on why you need the Certificate of Residence (i.e. buying a condo or just a moto), and which office you deal with.

This just happens to be a peculiar immigration officer who took over in December at Mataput. Several other people have told me about her requirement that the landlord be present. In January, I showed up with a copy of the housebook, copy of the landlord's ID and completed declaration, and she told me "no go", you have to being your landlord. When I went back in April, after moving, and brought my landlord, there was no problem.

Thanks. Typicaly Thailand again probably. This concerns the Chiang Mai Immigration I forgot to mention.

An aquintance of mine, German by birth, with a Dutch passport went there last month. The so called left building was no longer in biss. For 90 days reporting, you had to go from now on to the so called right building where all the regular visa stuff was normally done. Only the 90 days reporting and no longer the Res Cert for which you had now to see your ambassy. This german/Dutch guy went to the German Ambassy in CNX and got a Res Cert there, which he needed for his pension bank in Holland.

Think I'd rather go there myself and ask for a RC and find out what the hel# they are changing again in a good working team.

Again some more grey hair.

None of you CNX expats have any idea?

Thing is that it only concerns people with 1 year retirement visa and do we have such a crowd of them here? I heard the reason was that there were too much applications. Wow, then rather charge a couple of hundred Baht for it rather than making it impossible. :o

Edited by hugocnx