Sukumvit Hospital - Baby Delivery , Be Advised-beware

emmick

I am taking the time in writing this because I would like everyone that is researching the delivery of there child to be aware of Sukumvit Hospital Soi 63-65 and in particular Dr. Worapole Chirananondh. I did understand from researching him on the internet that he would not win any personality awards , but I assumed that he might have been a good doctor. By our fourth visit with him I also discovered that his personality what others have written is terrible, and for the coming of your child which should feel like a happy time in your life he makes you feel like your being treated for cancer. What finally came to a breaking point for us is when we asked him if he can delay the clamping of the cord until it is no longer pulsating so that the baby can receive all the blood. This I feel is a very simple request and if you do your own research you will also find the benifits or the liability of premature clamping of the cord. Well a simple request but a request that he said that he can not do , when I asked him the reason why he replied by saying that you would not ask a chef to change the receipe. Imagine that a doctor saying that there is a connection to ordering a meal to the delivery of a new born baby. I assumed that because this doctor has been at this hospital many years that he might have been good, but now I feel that he has been there to long. My disappointment is with this doctor , there might have been another better qualified doctor but he gave us such a bad feeling that we could no longer trust him or the hospital and my new arrival is much to important to take a chance. To make a long story short I took my wife to Samitivej Srinakarin Hospital and the entire experience has been outstanding, besides our new Doctor ( Siripat Preechasanongkit MD ) assuring us that she will not prematurely clamp the cord , she asked if I would like to cut it. The Hospital Rep. Chayada also gave us a wonder tour of the Hospital in addition to the facilities and explained in detail of what we will be expecting . Im sure that if you visit this hospital you will also see as we did that there is no comparision between these two hospitals in every aspect . This Hospital also gives us the parents the decision to refuse any or all shots or vaccines. As parents there are many decisions that need to be made , please take the time and research any hospital that you decide. In Thailand they are still using the OPV vaccine which is no longer being used in the more developed countries in addition to putting silver nitrate drops into the babys eyes at birth. There is a wealth of information out there but you will need to research it because no two doctors or hospitals are the same and there proceures do differ . One very informative book that I read is " How to raise a healthy Child, Despite of your doctor " and also one of many links is " thinktwice.com " My wife and I are not planning any shots or vaccines for our baby , if you though decide to vaccinate your baby check each and every vaccine out first because Thailand unfortunately gets the vaccines that other more developed countries are no longer using. All the very best and good luck

Edited by emmick

• 2 weeks later...

Useful there thank you, I'll be sure to look into this, but must say that upon first look at the thinktwice website it did seem to border on the edge of being alarmist.

Edited by quiksilva

Samitivej Srinakarn Hospital is a very nice, modern hospital with friendly staff. However, you're paying quite a bit there. We had our baby boy via C-section at Ladprao Hospital back in 2005. Ladprao Hospital isn't as nice/modern as Samitivej, but we paid only 35,000 Baht (less than $1,000 US at the time) and this included pre-natal, delivery, hospital stay of 4 days/3nights and some post-natal care as well. The doctor we had was excellent and the cues of pregnant women waiting to see him were long.