500th Post, Was It Worth It?

tourleadersi

There is another thread running about if there is anything new here to talk about. Well, there may or may not be, but on the eve of my 500th post, I would like to share what ThaiVisa has meant for me.

In the early days I learnt about sinsot, and thai marriage customs. I also learnt what a flamer was, and that for every helpful person out there you can expect to find an equal number of people who wouldnt dream of helping another. I was amazed at how many would do all that they could to wind others up, and wondered what sense of achievement that gave them. At first I got sucked in, and still from time to time do, but I have also learnt that they have there place here as well as if all posts were 100% formal it would be a pretty dull place.

After getting married I received information about how to apply for my wife's visa. When her application was denied members here contacted me personally and gave free advice on how to appeal. Their advice directly contributed to this appeal being successful and my wife finally had the opportunity to enjoy a holiday in the UK.

Life settled down and the site was there to give me pointers on good restaurants to visit, and interesting events happening in this country called home. Then my wife became pregnant, and the forum became a source of information about how to move through the stages of pregnancy in this land of the medical bill.

8 Months ago a friend was seriously injured here in Bangkok and again the forum showed me the way to assist in his recovery.

Now I have a baby boy, and use the forum to find out about schools, baby healthcare, along with numerous other bits and pieces of information that one needs to try and smoothen out the bumps on the road of life.

So, is there nothing new to say? Well maybe not, but I can guarantee that as my life moves through its different phases, I will always have something new that I want to listen too.

To all those here on Thaivisa, thanks for walking by my side for the last couple of years. I may not have met you, but I can say that from time to time I am right there walking next to you too.

A heartfelt thanks goes out to you all.

Guest Reimar

You wrote:

..and that for every helpful person out there you can expect to find an equal number of people who wouldnt dream of helping another.

And that's exactly what live is, as the humans, which nature is: nothing perfect but more or less imperfect.

A lot humans out there even wouldn't think about to "pay back" for the help they got from others, even not with just the little and very "cheap" Thank You!

But as you said, we have to live with it as well as other humans having to living with us.

I'm a very imperfect person which like the truth and like to be open and talk "straight away" as I thinking. I like to be so but many others don't! My English isn't perfect at all but who want understand me who will! A lot out there didn't want to understand me! I can say excuse me if I had done something wrong and try to make it better the next time. I do understand that an English guy, or whatever nation he is from, can't understand German as I do because it's my native language, but can the English guy, or whatever nation he is from, understand that I'm not perfect in that language?!

It is good to have humans like you which openly can say what you've done in your post. I appreciate that a lot and if I ever can help you with something, just let me know.

And it's a very big Thank You to the Forum and it's Administration as well! Thank you very much for that.

Cheers.

Yep, good post.

The OP mostly mentions threads of a factual and practical nature (how do I find, buy, do whatever?). It seems that these types of threads bring out the Good Samaritan in us and people will gladly give their knowledge, experience and time for the simple reward of being helpful to another human being.

However threads of a more philosophical nature often seem to bring out the street fighter in us. People get angry, aggressive and sometimes abusive when matters of culture, politics and relationships are discussed.

I’m not sure what this says about us as human beings. I am also painfully aware as I write this that I shouldn’t even be asking this question as the question is, in itself, a philosophical one. OK, where do I buy snake repellent, can I get sun dried tomatoes here, what’s the best way to cook a water monitor lizard…?

:-)

this new sub-forum here
See you in F-47! :o
I hope he knows what forum 47 is! :D

There is no such place, don't go there, please don't go there, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................

By the way good post, I don't come in here very often, but when I do, you appear to have a voice of reason.

Good luck

Moss

Nice post, si. I think its a good reminder to all of us longer term people what good (and bad) ThaiVisa has to offer to everyone.

And a very big thanks to george and all of admin for creating this venue :o

What actually goes on in 'Bedlam'? Is it similar to the Farang Pub? I don't need specifics, but I'd just like to know if I should keep posting useless responses just to get my post count up!

Thanks,

BFD!