Claim Of Benefits From Songserm Insurance

New007

I was involved in a motorcycle accident and got minor injuries. The opposite party admitted to be wrong and gave their insurances to the police officer. LMG for the damaged motorcycle and for the hospital bills and health benefits SONGSERM Insurance. The motorcycle is being repaired and taken care of by LMG. Then I went to the police to meet an agent of SONGSERM Thai Insurance to negotiate about the money I lost not being able to work. So I went to my workplace and got a letter stating of how much I lost. The total is 17,500 Baht. When he started the negotiation he offered me 200 Baht a day. I asked him if he was joking but he seemed to be serious. Then he went up to 300 Baht, then 500 Baht and finally 10,000 Baht. This was the first round of negotiations. I'll meet him again in two weeks. I said to him I want at least 80 % of the total amount and I explained him that this is only the money I lost at school, not my private work. Has anyone got any experience with claiming insurance money from SONGSERM? How much do they usually pay? Are there any maximum amounts? Is it a good idea to go to court if we can't settle for an acceptable amount? Thanks for any comments.

I was involved in a motorcycle accident and got minor injuries. The opposite party admitted to be wrong and gave their insurances to the police officer. LMG for the damaged motorcycle and for the hospital bills and health benefits SONGSERM Insurance. The motorcycle is being repaired and taken care of by LMG. Then I went to the police to meet an agent of SONGSERM Thai Insurance to negotiate about the money I lost not being able to work. So I went to my workplace and got a letter stating of how much I lost. The total is 17,500 Baht. When he started the negotiation he offered me 200 Baht a day. I asked him if he was joking but he seemed to be serious. Then he went up to 300 Baht, then 500 Baht and finally 10,000 Baht. This was the first round of negotiations. I'll meet him again in two weeks. I said to him I want at least 80 % of the total amount and I explained him that this is only the money I lost at school, not my private work. Has anyone got any experience with claiming insurance money from SONGSERM? How much do they usually pay? Are there any maximum amounts? Is it a good idea to go to court if we can't settle for an acceptable amount? Thanks for any comments.

No one has any comments on this????

The guy is only doing his job (loss adjusting) as demonstrated by his increasing offers. His priority is to mitigate the claim to his own company's best advantage. Don't take it personal - it's business.

You say you currently have 10k on the table against 17.5k but will in fact settle at 14k.

My advice would be to attend the next round of negotiations and "ease" the offer to its maximum and then settle. It would not seem to be too much effort to arrive at your 14k acceptable level bearing in mind the previous increases.

Going to court would take forever and most likely your case would fail. Even if you won, allow for costs, time off work, time factor and you will see that you will achieve very little going down this route.

Good luck - hope you succeed