Only 20 Per Cent Of Public Toilets Meet Hygiene Standard

george

Only 20 per cent of public toilets meet hygiene standard

BANGKOK: --A national survey by Public Health Ministry reveals that only 20 percent of public toilets across country pass the hygiene standard.

The survey had been conducted in 2007 to ask member of public about their pleasure to use public toilet. The survey found 40 percent of people are pleasure to use public toilet

-- The Nation 2008-04-30

Didn't realise there were any public toilets. Can't say that I can recall seeing any in BKK.

Anyhow, this is a clear job for "Mr Happy Toilet" to get on with, his job is looking more and more important as the days go by. :o

Sounds about the same as england then lol.

You beat me to the punch. There was a local Pub in the UK we used to frequent after work 'most' days. The loo in the basement had the same snaught balls wiped on the walls for years and there was heavy duty mould growing around the pipes at the back with black marks around the broken tiles on the floor indicating they hadn't been cleaned in years.

Then of course, like Thailand, there would only cold water to wash your hands with (when it worked) and of course rarely - if ever - any soap.

The 'clincher' (pardon the pun) was that the proprietor of this joint was the president of the Publican's Association or some such industry grouping..

The UK's toilets are, on average, disgusting. Compared to Old Blighty, Thailand wins "lids"-down every time in my books.

• 1 year later...

dsppic.jpg

Photo release: Fashion Island awarded for “Best Public Toilet of the Year 2008”

Verve 12.05.2009

Mr. Wittaya Kaewparadai (right), Minister of Public Health, recently chaired a toilet hygiene workshop entitled “Suam Thai… Hua Jai Thammachat Pua Lod Pawa Loke Ron” and presented the “Best Public Toilet of the Year 2008” award to Fashion Island Shopping Complex, represented by Mr. Arthorn Wongwanichkij (left), Property Manager of Fashion Island Shopping Complex. The award recognizes the outstanding standard of public toilets provided by Fashion Island for visitors to the shopping complex, particularly in terms of cleanliness, hygiene, safety, number, and good impression made to the users.

source

Where is our Mr. Happy Toilet? He was supposed to take charge of all public toilets.

Here he is... along with his partner, Mr. Happy Urinal...

30070474-01.jpg

Wan Yoobamrung who is appointed as "Mr Happy Toilet" launches clean toilet campaign at Hualampong Train Station on Wednesday.

The Nation

Mr Happy Urinal. I advise you revise your usual distance about a step back.

wall_urinal.jpg

I have seen a lot of improvement at public toilets(gas stations:Jiffy,Caltex, Shell) over the past two years. The Jiffy stations in my area are very well maintain, cleaning staff on duty pretty much 24/7. No doubt this (clean toilet/hygine standard) has play a part in increasing Jiffy retail sales. Many times I have seen school bus load of kids shopping there on there way home, once the driver pull next to me, said hello, where you from etc etc, anyway I ask him why Jiffy and not the Esso station, which is first on his route, his reply: "smell not good in toilet, children like it here, they can buy some small things needed for school and cold drink"