Candles

Seneque

Thank you cmsally for the info ... these candles are all very nice .... i am looking mainly for traditional candles (white/yelloso much w/green,etc..) for traditional candlessticks (long narrow candles) ...

sorry for mispelling the aboce reply !

Thank you so much cmsally for the info ... these candles are all very nice .... i am looking mainly for traditional candles (white/yellow/green,etc..) for traditional candlesticks (long narrow candles) ...

They are called dripless tapers and are made with a harder wax on the outside layer to reduce dripping.

"Dripless" is not possible with any candle and no candle does well in a breeze. If you want them for use outside, perhaps buy a lantern.

If you find any quality ones though, please post it here.

Thanks

temple candles are of poor quality ...

Perhaps not so much poor quality, but instead, pure bee's wax. :D

Bee's wax is very soft, and you can purchase kilo 'cakes' of it in most 'religious shops as many people want to be sure to have 'pure' wax for their candle offerings.

In order to make a harder wax candle that will burn longer without dripping, manufactures add steric acid to the melted paraffin (US English paraffin ) wax. Back when my hair was long (or when the hair on my head was longer than the hair in my ears... and we lived in a commune) we made a lot of candles to sell at swap meets and flea markets. We often added steric acid to our melted wax just to keep tall thin candles from drooping in the hot California sun. :D

Buddhist temple candles are almost always made from pure bee's wax. Great for praying; lousy for being a Commie weirdo pinko hippy-freak or setting an elegant formal dinning room table. :o

sorry for mispelling the aboce reply !

Thank you so much cmsally for the info ... these candles are all very nice .... i am looking mainly for traditional candles (white/yellow/green,etc..) for traditional candlesticks (long narrow candles) ...

What Diameter / Height are you looking for?

Cheers

Maybe Central dept store has the dining room style candles that you would find for sale in Europe etc.

90% sure I've seen them in Central BKK but not sure about Chiang Mai.

Maybe worth a try.