Beer Poll

Eric1949

Beer  

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beer lao - however notice singha is missing as well . Pretty Shi*te poll. :o

Ok guys, sorry. It's the first time I've done a poll.

I plum forgot Singha, can it be added?

Also, I wanted the choice of beer and whether draught or bottle/can to be separate.

other German imported Beers...

Paulaner

Weihenstefan

Franziskaner

Erdinger

Andechser

Kulminator

Warsteiner

Pilsener Urquell

Koenigspilsener

Becks

Jever

Einbecker Urbock

Koestritzer Schwarzbier

Edited by Samuian

other German imported Beers...

Paulaner

Weihenstefan

Franziskaner

Erdinger

Andechser

Kulminator

Warsteiner

Pilsener Urquell

Koenigspilsener

Becks

Jever

Einbecker Urbock

Koestritzer Schwarzbier

You forgot "Kölsch" :o

cheers

onzestan

Seeing your poll you know zero about beer:

First Heineken ain't no beer (only an excellent marketing scam), secondly real beers such as Duvel are missing from your list, in fact it's a very very poor list :o

Oh jstumbo, the hefe weizen looks good :D

Edited by tartempion

San Miguel light or beer Loa for me, however I would love to get my hands on some good Aussie beer!

Craig :o:D

Ice cold san mig light with lime here as well. Villa market sells coopers but your proboably talking VB right?

p.s San Mig Light is apparently one of the top 3 biggest sellers now mainly because women drink it as well. Surprised it wasn't in the Poll

Edited by zorro1

You forgot "Kölsch" :o

On Purpose!

It's a semi-fizzy drink considered only by the citizens of Cologne "Beer", same with this stuff from neigboring Duesseldorf, called "Alt"! :D

Note:

"The Bavarian Reinheitsgebot of 1516, was drawn up to ensure the production of decent-quality beer; however, this decree did not affect brewers of the Rhineland. As such, the brewing traditions in this region developed slightly differently. For example, brewing during the summer was illegal in Bavaria, but the cooler climate of the Rhineland allowed Alt brewers to brew all year long and to experiment with storing fermented beer in cool caves and cellars.

The name "altbier" first appeared in the 1800s to differentiate the beers of Düsseldorf from the new pale lager that was gaining a hold on Germany. [2] Brewers in Düsseldorf used the pale malts that were used for the modern pale lagers, but retained the old ("alt") method of using warm fermenting yeasts.[3]

The first brewery to use the name Alt was Schumacher which opened in 1838.[4] The founder, Mathias Schumacher, allowed the pale ale to mature in cool conditions in wooden casks for longer than normal, and laid the foundation for the modern alt beer - an amber coloured, lagered ale.[5] The result is a pale ale that has some of the lean, dryness of a lager, with the fruity notes of an ale."

from Wikipedia

@jstumbo:

try the ORIGINAL Budweiser from Budvar! Not the Fake from Anhaeuser & Busch!

Edited by Samuian

San Miguel light or beer Loa for me, however I would love to get my hands on some good Aussie beer!

That is one of the biggest contradiction in terms I've ever seen. I've lost count of the number of arguments I've had with Ozzie's who think they make "beer". They don't. One chap even told me couldn't ever live abroad as nowhere serves VB. That's VB!

im a chang man [but i am not an animal]

i avoid archa when i can

but i want to try this beer lao

do they have it at 7

for a good aussie beer - try coopers. ale and stout

chin up geriatrickid... and have a coldie on me.

Actually, it is true that Cooper's isn't bad.

im a chang man [but i am not an animal]

i avoid archa when i can

but i want to try this beer lao

do they have it at 7

for a good aussie beer - try coopers. ale and stout

chin up geriatrickid... and have a coldie on me.

Actually, it is true that Cooper's isn't bad.

Coopers is the nectar of the gods, the gods being Croweaters.

It's the only truly Aussie brewery in Oz so please support it :o

[quote name='craighj' post='1972961' date='2008-05-10 12:18:46 San Miguel light

of course... me too

not many female beer drinkers here in PH though... never liked it but one time, in a cold day in banaue (google this place in PH if you dont know), i had one and the effect was just great. and i loved beer from then on but i still drink sparingly.

Edited by aries27

I have to admit to not being to keen on the local stuff. If I'm stayin in the local area, I'll probably drink San Mig or Leo as the options are limited. If I'm in town then it'll be Strongbow Cider, Guinness or Stella.

Must be time for a beer now as well. :o