Hanging (the) Cat Hispeed

Hi

I just got me a CAT EVDO wireless laptop connection via C-motech USB CCU650 modem. Surprisingly good but ..... (there's always one!):

Modem hangs a lot during the day (in particular). It still says "connected" but there no Down/UpLoad going on and there's no apparant internet connection (can't browse). If you try disconnect then reconnect (Go), it just hangs eventually coming back with error message ##721/#718 about the remote computer not responding.

If I reboot the laptop or just unplug then replug the USB CCU650 modem, it does seem to come back (at least for a little while).

It is much better in the a.m. (when I'm writing this).

I've reinstalled to no avail. Contact CAT to no avail - yet.

So my questions:

1) Has anyone else similar experiences with C-motech USB Modem / CAT Modem Hi Speed?

2) Better still, anyone any tips / workarounds / solutions

3) Anyone know anyone in CAT itself who is technically proficient and speaks good English?

I know it's asking for a lot of luck but .....

Appreciate it.

MichaelC :o

3) Anyone know anyone in CAT itself who is technically proficient and speaks good English?

:o:D :D :D :D :D

But really- I have the same one - and it has its issues - but works more often than not -

Unplug- close and plug in again works most of the time

not really sure if there is anything else you can do. maybe someone else has some input?