Sundried Beef

Isabel

I absolutely am addicted to this, love it.

Now how could I make this at home....uk where its not warm enough to dry your beef in the sun hahaha.

Can anybody please help me with this, thanks

I absolutely am addicted to this, love it.

Now how could I make this at home....uk where its not warm enough to dry your beef in the sun hahaha.

Can anybody please help me with this, thanks

my ex-wife used to thinly slice the meat, cure it with fish sauce and dry it in the sun....after she usually fried it for consumption.

But.... this was usually for meat that couldn't be consumed other ways... still prefer a nice medium bbq steak before anything!

Isabel,

1 1/2 lb beef steak,sliced with the grain thin about 3-4 in in length

2 tbl. coriander seeds

1/2 tea. cumin or fennel seed

1/4 cup sugar,if you want to make sweet beef,if not leave out

1/4 cup fish sauce

Take coriander seeds and cumin or fennel seeds roast in dry pan until fragrant,remove and pound or grind untilcourse .

Mix beef,seeds, sugar( if useing)and fish sauce,let marinate overnight.Next day set oven to the lowest setting around 140-150 F.Remove meat from marinate,place on bakeing sheet and place in oven.It should take about 8-10 hours to dry.When done you can eat the way it is or you can fry in oil.Up to you. :o

Isabel,

2 tbl. coriander seeds

1/4 cup fish sauce

Take coriander seeds and cumin or fennel seeds roast in dry pan until fragrant,remove and pound or grind untilcourse .

Mix beef,seeds, sugar( if useing)and fish sauce,let marinate overnight.Next day set oven to the lowest setting around 140-150 F.Remove meat from marinate,place on bakeing sheet and place in oven.It should take about 8-10 hours to dry.When done you can eat the way it is or you can fry in oil.Up to you. :o

Pork Too!!

Isabel,

2 tbl. coriander seeds

1/4 cup fish sauce

Mix beef,seeds, sugar( if useing)and fish sauce,let marinate overnight.Next day set oven to the lowest setting around 140-150 F.Remove meat from marinate,place on bakeing sheet and place in oven.It should take about 8-10 hours to dry.When done you can eat the way it is or you can fry in oil.Up to you. :D

If you open the oven door slightly you can further reduce the heat further to better simulate sun drying. :o

Isabel,

2 tbl. coriander seeds

1/4 cup fish sauce

Mix beef,seeds, sugar( if useing)and fish sauce,let marinate overnight.Next day set oven to the lowest setting around 140-150 F.Remove meat from marinate,place on bakeing sheet and place in oven.It should take about 8-10 hours to dry.When done you can eat the way it is or you can fry in oil.Up to you. :D

If you open the oven door slightly you can further reduce the heat further to better simulate sun drying. :o

HMMMMM looking forward to it, will give it a go! Thanks VERY Much!