Imac Users

The Vulcan

I intend to buy a 24" iMac in the very near future and wonder were would you recommend (in Bangkok) to buy.

As I'm new to the Mac system I am particularly keen to deal with a knowledgeable source (in English) to get the best advice and back-up should there be any problems.

Thanks in advance

Been looking into purchasing a iMac myself, and the best price I have found is ShoppingMac?. But I have not bought anything from them, and have sent them a mail asking a few questions without answer, so I cant really recommend them. Maybe some other users have used their services?

Btw, they are the only ones that offer the newest iMacs with 3Ghz CPU and 512VRAM.

I bought from iStudio (think that was the name) at Central World. Looked at several places in the area, near our old condo, and all had the same price. Only they had one of the special order models in stock. Not having time to wait I bought it and carried it home by hand. It about took my arm off (so heavy).

I absolutely love it. It is an amazing machine. Somebody made a wisecrack the other day about Apple commanding only 5% of the market, to which I replied that all the "beautiful people" are in that TOP 5%. Welcome to the top 5%!

I bought mine from, I think it's called, iStudio on 3rd floor of IT Mall above Tesco Lotus, the same building where Fortune Hotel is on at the other end. The staff speaks English, they're very attentive, and they're honest. I'm not sure if the price is competitive because I never check others. I thought this place provides a superb service and that's quite satisfying.

I had another thought. I believe there is an update to the iMac coming out soon. If your not in a hurry and want all the latest bells and whistles you might want to wait. The only drawback is that it might take longer to be available in Thailand.

You seem to be into photography so if you have great pictures they will be amazing on the big screen. If like me your pictures aren't perfect you will see every flaw in excruciating detail.

My understanding is that iStudio is the agent for Apple in Thailand so price is the same at each store. It would probably be best to buy from one of their stores.

I bought from iStudio (think that was the name) at Central World. Looked at several places in the area, near our old condo, and all had the same price. Only they had one of the special order models in stock. Not having time to wait I bought it and carried it home by hand. It about took my arm off (so heavy).

I absolutely love it. It is an amazing machine. Somebody made a wisecrack the other day about Apple commanding only 5% of the market, to which I replied that all the "beautiful people" are in that TOP 5%. Welcome to the top 5%!

I bought mine at IStudio in Pattaya and it's a great machine, no blue screens, no hangers, just up and running.

Meanwhile I found almost 99 % of the Windows software running under OS X.

They installed me also a Windows partition just in case, and even Windows is rocketing on the 2.4 GHz Imac (2GB of RAM).

Service, take a step back. My g/f, and she is Thai, she is a huge fan of Apple and the whole Mac concept. Personally I not care that much, to what my keyboard is connected.

But dealing with Apple people all over the globe, I need to say that the Thai version of Apple support is close to the rudest in the world. We had the weirdest problems with the Apple shops around town, from we can pre-order for you...14 day later O sorry we cannot and a week later the credit card is charged for 120k (nevermind misunderstanding, but no they are convinced that we bought the machine....Jokers, they not even had it)

I revisited windows stuff through the use of Parallels. In the end I deleted all of it as I simply prefer working in the Apple environment. If you buy a Ford you might need to dress it up. If you buy a Bentley you drive it as is.

I had another thought. I believe there is an update to the iMac coming out soon. If your not in a hurry and want all the latest bells and whistles you might want to wait. The only drawback is that it might take longer to be available in Thailand.

No, the iMac has just been updated, so the only question is whether the store sells you a new or an old version. Not much has changed so as long as the older model is discounted it's just as good to buy.

You can see all the models on the shoppingmac website http://www.shoppingmac.com/th/catalog.php?...8&type=iMac prices should be similar from different vendors.

The Vulcan: Please share if you get an answer.

Villagefarang: I dont know how well updated you are, but iMacs had an update a few weeks ago, so its quite safe to buy one now without worrying it will be outdated before its out of the box :-)

Yesterday Just purchased one of the new up dated 24 inch iMac's (2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ) , paid 61.990

Baht ( you have One week to take it back to the shop if you are in any way dissatisfied and ask for a refund or

a new replacement machine ) . You can also buy the Apple Care extended warranty ( Three years in total ) The machine and Leopard are just amazing , the 24 inch screen is brilliant :o

Yesterday Just purchased one of the new up dated 24 inch iMac's (2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ) , paid 61.990

Baht ( you have One week to take it back to the shop if you are in any way dissatisfied and ask for a refund or

a new replacement machine ) . You can also buy the Apple Care extended warranty ( Three years in total ) The machine and Leopard are just amazing , the 24 inch screen is brilliant :o

Bought from where?

I purchased the new iMac from an iBeat store, they offered .. 1.5 % discount on a cash sale , 5 % discount on a RAM up Grade , but I did not take the offer as they only had Kingston value ram , 10 % Discount on all accessories 5 % discount on the Apple Care Pack. the store also provided me free of charge Windows Office 2008, and Five other applications . found the store manager helpful and knowledgeable. all in all a good experiance and the iMac

is meeting all my expectations , I found being able to fully try the iMac out in the store first a real bonus .

I bought my 24" iMac about a six or eight months ago, just after the release of OX-X 10.5, from the same dealer as JayTech, and have had same good experiences. I upgraded to total of 3 GB Ram, and it ticks along fine. Do get the extra two years warranty, well worth it IMHO.