Popular 13.3inch Notebook Avail Bangkok

bill1960

I'm interested in feedback/opinions from anyone who has shopped around Bangkok for a 13.3inch notebook

What brand model did you buy, why, where from, and how much did it cost ?

I want one for mobile online computing. Not a gamer, mainly need it for financial stuff, trading. Needs to run Windows for my trading software.

13.3 inch seems a nice compromise on portability and comfortable screen/keyboard size.

(may also buy an Eeepc for ultra portable needs but thats another topic)

Surfing the web for notebooks available in this region, the Toshiba Portege M600 looks reasonably good value.

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/notebooks/0,3...1108072p,00.htm

They sell for $1400-$1600 here in Cambodia and ~$1500 is my preferred budget.

Interested to hear thoughts/experiences on the Toshiba M600 or any other 13.3" notebook available in this region.

what trading software runs on windows only? i work in the industry and it seems ours (thinkorswim) and others' run on both win/mac.

i recommend macs because they can protect sensitive data with much less hassle. like, no viruses/trojans out in the wild.

what trading software runs on windows only? i work in the industry and it seems ours (thinkorswim) and others' run on both win/mac.

i recommend macs because they can protect sensitive data with much less hassle. like, no viruses/trojans out in the wild.

this one

http://www.comsec.com.au/Public/Help.aspx#B

CommSec Professional Trader 2 should only be installed if you are running

• Windows XP (Professional or Home)

• Windows 2000 (Professional or Server)

• Windows 2003

Looked at ComSec, it's a typical example of where there is actually absolutely no reason to program for windows only but they did it anyway. No reason I mean - the end product isn't nicer, there is nothing that requires native support, and it's not easier to do. I would recommend ours but then it doesn't work on Aus stock markets. Oh well :o

Writing an app in ActiveX is grossly negligent esp when it's an application dealing with sensitive data. Shocking.

For PC notebooks I recommend a Thinkpad with WinXP.

Did you see the new HP pavilion note book ?

Convertible Tablet PC notebook / 12.1 inches.

I saw it in Pantip, it look good, price good, but still not what I am looking for !

The one I want are in the making

I like Toshiba too, Portege R500-E262T is really cool, but waiting for tablet, and price drop!

Tablet is a must for me, as I have to swing it around for one more person to see.