Really Good Cheeseburger

A couple of weeks ago I foun the Crossbar Pub on Suk Soi 23. The converstation with the owner got around to a good cheesburger. I said that I had never had an even decent burger in BKK. Haveing food s a hobby I suggested he should try to make. He asked for some advise and away he ran.

Today I dropped by and was pleasently suprised. Fresh good size bun, nice lettuce, red onion, a really nice tomato slice, fresh ground beef(Thai-French I was told) with well melted cheddar.The beef was good, could have a bit higher fat content for moisture but still good. Well I was more than happy, give it a try is you have a yearning for a better than averge burger. The owner

I have no interest in the pub, financial or otherwise. I just enjoyed the burger and diet coke :o

post-7790-1210940545_thumb.jpg

Great, thanks. I may go there this evening...

Go past Soi Cowboy, maybe 6 or 8 city blocks, until you come to a four way intersection,on the far left corner you will see the ChokChai steakhouse, The Crossbar is across the street. Although it is on Soi 23 it is actually a left off Soi 23 that goes to Asoke.

They also have free parking at the Sino-Thai tower, Crossbar will stamp the parking ticket.

Never heard of this place before....but they have a fairly extensive menu of food and drinks...

Menu shows hamburger and chips for 140 baht, and cheeseburger and chips for 160b

From the photo posted, it looked like a pretty good offering....

http://www.thecrossbarbangkok.com/menu.htm

I have to stop reading this forum ... it's playing havoc with my diet. I just read this thread and had to go out and try it.

It's a nice pub, with good food. Drinks are a little exy imo. The burger was good, the chips (note that they were fat english-style chips, not fries) were excellent.