Tt&t Vs Cat Telcom

Tokay

I've always had TT&T and so far I can't really say it's horrible, as it allows me to be online, check mail and do a few downloads. Though I keep hearing that Cat Telcom is a MUCH better provider.

Truth to this?

Experiences?

I've always had TT&T and so far I can't really say it's horrible, as it allows me to be online, check mail and do a few downloads. Though I keep hearing that Cat Telcom is a MUCH better provider.

Truth to this?

Experiences?

ive heard the same but the last time i inquired about a year ago they didnt have a line as far out as me " soi siam country club" about half way up , but 6 months ago, i realy got fed up with with TOT internet speeds and getting cut off and getting an invoice if you was lucky, well igot TT@T and the whole package is a lot better, i just done a speed check and im running at 1400 kbps im no expert but that seems good to me

Truth to this?

Experiences?

ive heard the same but the last time i inquired about a year ago they didnt have a line as far out as me " soi siam country club" about half way up , but 6 months ago, i realy got fed up with with TOT internet speeds and getting cut off and getting an invoice if you was lucky, well igot TT@T and the whole package is a lot better, i just done a speed check and im running at 1400 kbps im no expert but that seems good to me

What package do you have? I'm lucky to hit 800 and I'm supposed to be getting 1000 kbps.

Truth to this?

Experiences?

What package do you have? I'm lucky to hit 800 and I'm supposed to be getting 1000 kbps.

ive got the next package up there was an offer on, go and c what offers they have upstairs in carrefour

I've got the one Gig package for 790 a month plus tax which comes to 840 Baht per month. I usually get around 1300 KPS. What i've found out about internet in Thailand is it depends where you live. But on the other hand I agree TOT is terrible.

Barry

I've got the one Gig package for 790 a month plus tax which comes to 840 Baht per month. I usually get around 1300 KPS. What i've found out about internet in Thailand is it depends where you live. But on the other hand I agree TOT is terrible.

Barry

yes barry i get penalised 4 being out of town i have 2 pay double u 4 getting the privilege of having the same speed as u

Barry

maxnet premier package 1536/512-1990 per month

speed now whilst listening to internet radio

273218175.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/273218175.png

1746/217 wow! am i really getting more than i paid for ?

Barry

273218175.png

very interesting where r u located in pattaya ??

Barry

273218175.png

That is impressive.

I just moved from Cat to Maxnet, simply because I could not justify spending nearly 3k per month (£48, or $98) for a (good) internet connection. I went to speak with Cat to try and downgrade, but they told me I was on the minimum package (2048/1024).

So I went to speak with TOT, who after pissing me around for a few hours told me that they don't have any spare lines in my area?? This is inside Sukhumvit, on the South end of Pattaya, but no spare lines - even after I had agreed to pay 4k for a connection fee.

Then went to TT&T, and got much the same story. Paid my 100 bt deposit and was told that they will have to bring a new cable from miles away that will cost me 4-6k. OK, she said the guy will assess it and give me a price. 2 days later I had a TT&T crew ringing the doorbell telling me they have already installed it, and just swapped the connection with Cat's. :o

Nothing more to pay, came inside the house to check all the connections and left (with a couple of hundred for a few beers).

So, back on topic, I am now paying roughly 1/3 of Cat's price, I now have 2048/512. I am getting exactly the same speeds (sometimes better) than Cat. Last week was up and down, but no problems since Thurs/Fri - I believe this was a common thing across all ISP's due to some cable breaking in the South China Sea (yeah right).

My point is that you will not get a faster connection here by paying more money. I see you can have a designated IP with Cat now for only 27k per month - 10 megs!! What you need to understand is that Thailand has a very small bandwidth pipe to the rest of the world. You can pay 27k, 3k, or 1090 baht per month, and you will get pretty much the same service.

1 MB ADSL Maxnet now

Last Result:

Download Speed: 910 kbps (113.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 389 kbps (48.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

My issue is that Torrent Downloads and FTP Transfer are brutally slowed down. Web Surfing is ok.

As they reserve the right to limit bandwith on certain ports, there is not much to do about it, as this refers imho to all Thai ISPs.

Barry

273218175.png

very interesting where r u located in pattaya ??

i am on the darkside

TT&T.....FWIW

I previously was on TT&T's 1536/512 "Indy" connection (790-Bt/mo) at my place on Thepprasit Road.

Speeds varied, depending on the time of day; often it was slow in the early evenings and also afternoons when

the Net shops were loaded with students playing online game. D/loading torrents was painfully slow.

I've since upgraded to TT&T's 1024/512 "Premier" connection (1090-Bt/mo). With TT&T's "Premier"

plan, 20 users share the bandwidth as opposed to the 50 users that share on their "Indy" plan.

A big difference, in that I now have significantly better and more reliable speed [usually 13-1500kbs/220-400kbs]

and can d/load torrents. Usually torrent d/loads are received at up to 150-160kbs (down) and to 50kbs (up).

It's still nothing like having a connection in the West...but it's been far better than when I was on the "Indy" connection!

TT&T.....FWIW

I previously was on TT&T's 1536/512 "Indy" connection (790-Bt/mo) at my place on Thepprasit Road.

Speeds varied, depending on the time of day; often it was slow in the early evenings and also afternoons when

the Net shops were loaded with students playing online game. D/loading torrents was painfully slow.

I've since upgraded to TT&T's 1024/512 "Premier" connection (1090-Bt/mo). With TT&T's "Premier"

plan, 20 users share the bandwidth as opposed to the 50 users that share on their "Indy" plan.

A big difference, in that I now have significantly better and more reliable speed [usually 13-1500kbs/220-400kbs]

and can d/load torrents. Usually torrent d/loads are received at up to 150-160kbs (down) and to 50kbs (up).

It's still nothing like having a connection in the West...but it's been far better than when I was on the "Indy" connection!

i did the same thing about 6 months ago.

i had that Indy package for about 18 month with no problems then suddenly i am down to a crawl

even dial up on was quicker some days!

so after many calls i get a maxnet customer service advisor who tells the truth and said Indy package was oversubscribed due to massive pick up of that offer of extra bandwith for free and i should should switch to Premier which has a different server in my area

since then its been plain sailing.

so my advice is this, same as Lukdod, any Indy package users out there switch to Premier.

Don't forget, Maxnet clearly states both on their brochures and their website that the Indy package is best used for surfing Thai websites, and that VOIP, P2P have limited international bandwidth available...

** ผู้เริ่มต้นเข้าสู่ Broadband Internet World (Best for Thai Surf) โดยมีข้อจำกัดการใช้งาน วงจรสำหรับ VoIP/P2P (Bit Torrent) ต่างประเทศมีขนาดจำกัด (limited bandwidth for international VoIP/P2P)

So fair enough if they tell you to upgrase to Premier when International speeds are not sufficient for you.

Don't forget, Maxnet clearly states both on their brochures and their website that the Indy package is best used for surfing Thai websites, and that VOIP, P2P have limited international bandwidth available...
** ผู้เริ่มต้นเข้าสู่ Broadband Internet World (Best for Thai Surf) โดยมีข้อจำกัดการใช้งาน วงจรสำหรับ VoIP/P2P (Bit Torrent) ต่างประเทศมีขนาดจำกัด (limited bandwidth for international VoIP/P2P)

So fair enough if they tell you to upgrase to Premier when International speeds are not sufficient for you.

right now

274011845.png

right now

274011845.png

Hmmm....I think I'll stay with the basic 1024/512 Premier package (1166-Bt/mo).

It appears that the Premier upgrade to 1536/512 only nets 400kbs more d/load speed..

and costs 800-Bt more per month. :o

274449073.png

I would love to have a TT&T line but there's none left here on Soi nern plub wan. What can i do with my TOT line to improve the service?????

TIA

set light 2 it :o

Speak to the office in Carefour. Maybe you cannot get a TT&T number, but all the lines are TOT.

Barry

Holy Moly! I decided to check what my connection speed was just now (1015pm, on a Monday night) with my TT&T MaxNet Indy 2560k/512k connection:

post-33251-1211815180_thumb.jpg