Wooden Floor Installation

zorro1

Just wondering if anyone In BKK has had a wooden floor installed. A tradesman in our new condo has done a few in the building with excellent craftsmanship and his charge is 600bht/sqm and I supply the wood. Any one advise if this is an acceptable price as I wouldn't have a clue.

• 2 weeks later...
Usual is around 350/500 psqm. But if you have seen his work and it is very good, then perhaps worth the little extra rather than getting an unknown.

looking for more advice. Have agreed on 550 bht/sqm and apart from the labour does the floor man provide anything else? Apart from the wood am I expected to pay for all glues varnishes as he has quoted me an extra 12000bht for those. He also quoted me an extra 8250 bht for 55m of skirting board ( just labour) which seems odd as I would be providing the wood and glue for that as well.

Lol...starting to get expensive now.

Our labourers provided all the requirements except the wood. So I think even though you got a 50b discount psqm, he is now making it up in other ways big time.

Thanks I started to get that feeling and he hit me up for more extras yesterday so I told him to stop F ing wasting my time and the silly part is he lost a good job when he got too greedy. Im cranky because he really did waste my time and I ordered the wood and Im away tomorrow for 3 weeks and haven't got time to find another tradesman, anyway Im back on the look out again......

Where is the site...bkk or upcountry ?

I could recommend the people that did my place, but they have not finished yet and would want to see the quality of their finish before I recommend them to anyone.

You could have a look at the finished floor to see if you like it when done, will be finished when you return in 3 weeks...in Bkk.

Also how many square meters as this will effect price, small job more expensive etc.

Edited by MrIrrisistable

Where is the site...bkk or upcountry ?

I could recommend the people that did my place, but they have not finished yet and would want to see the quality of their finish before I recommend them to anyone.

You could have a look at the finished floor to see if you like it when done, will be finished when you return in 3 weeks...in Bkk.

Also how many square meters as this will effect price, small job more expensive etc.

Thanks very much for that Im in Bkk. I got 70sqm

The wood is on order at 730bht/ sqm

Size and type of wood...I will at least ask the guys for a price for you just out of interest.

14cmx 1m but I dont know the name however it seems to be the "standard type" on display at the wood factories . Its nothing exotic but I will try and find out. Much appreciated for your help and by the way the tradesman kindly offered to supply the same wood at 1100 bht/sqm. Not a bad mark up of 370 bht/sqm x 70= 22400 bht :o

• 4 weeks later...