Phuket Weather From Early July - Early August

cleakyboi

Coming over at the start of july to start of august for a month and just wondering how the weather is. I know its the wet season there but i've also been reading it can be quite nice. e.g pleasent day with sunshine with heavy rain late afternoon etc some days raining some day dry, seem quite random. So wanted to know from anyone who lives there or has been there in these months what can i expect it to be like and is there any chance i can pick up a tan if i have any free time?

thanks alot

The monsoon/wet/green season weather is always a guess. For sure you can expect some rain showers on many days, but not all days. You can expect clouds on most days. You can expect some sunshine. You might be unlucky and have a week of clouds = no sunshine, but you'll still get a more even tan if you stay outside through most of the day. Just your luck .... :o

The monsoon/wet/green season weather is always a guess. For sure you can expect some rain showers on many days, but not all days. You can expect clouds on most days. You can expect some sunshine. You might be unlucky and have a week of clouds = no sunshine, but you'll still get a more even tan if you stay outside through most of the day. Just your luck .... :o

I have to agree with all the above - the only thing that LivinginKata forgot to mention was :-

It will never be cold ......... :D

Coming over at the start of july to start of august for a month and just wondering how the weather is. I know its the wet season there but i've also been reading it can be quite nice. e.g pleasent day with sunshine with heavy rain late afternoon etc some days raining some day dry, seem quite random. So wanted to know from anyone who lives there or has been there in these months what can i expect it to be like and is there any chance i can pick up a tan if i have any free time?

thanks alot

There is a great line out of a Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry movie, where he has his killer on the ground, gun against his head, and Dirty Harry says "you have to ask yourself, punk, do you feel lucky".

First, I am definitely NOT calling you a punk, I just like the line in the movie. Where it does apply is "do you feel lucky"? If yes, get over here and hope for days of sunshine.

It's hit-and-miss, but it's a great time of year here.

Phuket also seems to have quite localised weather systems, so quite often if it is raining in one part a short drive can take you somewhere where the sun is out.

That's so true. Often we have no rain in Kata, and it's pouring in Patong just 14 km away. I've often driven along Karon beach road, and just about midway at the Hilton Arcadia there is a clear dry/wet boundary on the road. Pass by hours later and the dry/wet line had hardly moved. Wierd to see.