Bangkok Area

drummachine

Hiya All,

I am wanting to know of good areas in Bangkok for house rental and then to buy. I am looking for something outside the mayhem of falang areas and hopefully leafy and green suburb...I am will need a school nearby for a nursery goer and also maybe a tesco or big C would be useful.

any ideas guys would be welcomed.

Thanks

Come on BKK, someone mustr live outside the farang area?

Hiya All,

I am wanting to know of good areas in Bangkok for house rental and then to buy. I am looking for something outside the mayhem of falang areas and hopefully leafy and green suburb...I am will need a school nearby for a nursery goer and also maybe a tesco or big C would be useful.

any ideas guys would be welcomed.

Thanks

Try the Ari or Rama VI areas. Not completely devoid of farrangs, but not quite so many as you get in areas such as Sukhumvit or Sathorn. Quiet, leafy, green and pleasant area of Bangkok. Not sure about the schools though - there are some around, but not sure of the standard.

Try the Ari or Rama VI areas. Not completely devoid of farrangs, but not quite so many as you get in areas such as Sukhumvit or Sathorn. Quiet, leafy, green and pleasant area of Bangkok. Not sure about the schools though - there are some around, but not sure of the standard.

I live in Ari and really love it. It's a great area: BTS station, 2 villa markets within a two block radius, lots of restaurants, food stalls, phaya thai hospital within walking distance, close to weekend market, Big C

Also, it is a very green area. It's actually surprising but, since there are so many large, old homes in the neighborhood, there is a lot of foliage decorating the landscape. I know you said you were looking for a house, which may be difficult to find but there are many new apt and condo buildings sprouting up all the time.

Bangkapi, Sapansong on Ramkhamhaeng Road are the living area. there are many international schools, The Mall (Bangkapi and Ramkhamhaeng), Tesco-lotus, carrefour, TOPS, Golden place...... around here. many price of the house.

I know you said you were looking for a house, which may be difficult to find

This is true - what's your expected budget for house rental? Good houses are a rare find in Ari and usually very expensive.

I was thinking a bout 30,000 a month?

In Ari that would be a struggle, but maybe just about do-able. Any less than that I'd say almost no chance. There was a house on a soi near me going for 30,000 - it was on Soi Ari Samphan 2. Didn't see the quality of the place, but shows they're out there.

My Thai friends seem to think differently. They say 30,000 should be ample for a good house in a good area in BKK. Is Ari area a hiso area?

Thanks for Replies :o

Ask your Thai Friends.