The Best Thai Food,ambiance And Service In Bangkok ?

nungnatee

I can hardly call myself a gourmet but on the rare occasions I do go to a "high class" Thai restaurant I really enjoy Baan Khanitha on Sukhumvit 23. website here It was one of the first thai restaurants in the big old house venue tradition; the food is great, the service polished and the atmosphere peaceful and dignified. It's definitely one of those special night type of places. Personally, I much prefer eating thai food at the lower-middle end of the sprectrum places. Not too far away from Baan Kanitha is my favorite outdoor local joint. Its on Sukhumvit Soi 33/1 and has no sign in english only สวนอาหารป่าเลิศรส (Suan ahaan bpa loet rot); great food, dirt cheap prices and a quiet (relatively speaking for Suk 33/1) and relaxing atmosphere. It's outside and blocked by buildings on 3 sides from any kind of breeze so you'll want to grab one of the few standing electric fans they have around the place and point it at your table, but all in all its a great place to eat. Suda's on Sukhumvit Soi 14 is a typical open air shop house type thai restaurant that has a large expat and thai clientele which I used to like, but IMHO the food has gone downhill considerably in recent years and I can not recommend it anymore. Sorry if I got a little off topic from high end places, but I feel the best Thai food is found at the more "everyday" places.

I also would hardly describe myself as a regular on the Thai gourmet scene but the one place I'd like to mention is 'Kinnaree' restaurant down on Sukhumvit Soi 8. The food is fantastic, and the service really did stand out, probably the best I have experienced in Bangkok. The house is set back from the road, giving you the peace and feeling that you are anywhere but in Sukhumvit. I believe they do have traditional Thai music and dancers performing, but it may be an idea to check on the times for those before going. http://www.kinnareegourmet.com/

I also would hardly describe myself as a regular on the Thai gourmet scene but the one place I'd like to mention is 'Kinnaree' restaurant down on Sukhumvit Soi 8. The food is fantastic, and the service really did stand out, probably the best I have experienced in Bangkok. The house is set back from the road, giving you the peace and feeling that you are anywhere but in Sukhumvit. I believe they do have traditional Thai music and dancers performing, but it may be an idea to check on the times for those before going. http://www.kinnareegourmet.com/

I have very limited experience but one place I enjoyed a couple of years ago was

in the Nana hotel on the 2nd floor. "Royal cuisine" at reasonable though not cheap prices,

complete with dancing girls and thai music. Very pleasant.

Unfortunately, when I checked in March it said "closed" for renovation. might be open now...