Want To Rent A Car/pick Up While On Holiday

Hi,

I recently hired a car from thairentacar (www.thairentacar.com) for 5 weeks.

I wanted a toyota vigo extra cab which goes from 20,000 baht a month but they didn't have any so

I rented a chev optra which was a about 28,000 a month. The best thing about this company is they

rent out GPS units with their cars at 200 baht a day but the most you'll pay is 2000 baht. GPS will save you that in time and petrol, an absolute must for me. They are not a fly by night operation, have full insurance and have a location at the Airport. My car aquired a nasty scratch but it was never mentioned when I took it back. You may need to book in advance if you want a vigo or a gps, they seem to be hard to get in bangkok. Also they wanted to charge me the daily rate after 28 days but relented when I protested. Overall they were excellent and I'd use them again.

Yes, Thairentacar are excellent. They meet you at the airport and all the whole business is done on the spot. A pal also hired from them, and they picked up his car from Pattaya when he'd finished with it. They gave me the same rate last month as they did last November, although their prices had gone up - 1080baht/day for a Toyota Vios.