Sending E-mail Frm Your Iphone

onnut

hello

I am having major problems with setting up my iphone to send e mail, I can recieve no problem at all.

can anyone tell me which settings are best to use please?

i am with Dtac and like I said recieving is not a problem, it just will not send.

I have tried using outgoing smtp settings mail.truemail.com which I use on my pc and have also tried using my e-mail address but with a dot instead of a @ sign.

everytime I try changing the outgoing port number it just goes back to what was there before or the number i typed ends up on the end of the outgoing smtp i am trying to use.

this is starting to get on my nerves now. my first iphone did not have a problem, this one though is.

please help before i throw the thing out of the window in frustration.... :o

thanks

Edited by onnut

1 - You can set up your account as gmail, too, there's hardly any setup required on the iPhone - go to settings -> Mail -> Add new account, then hit the giant Gmail button and enter your gmail address. Done. No entering of any server names required.

2 - As wolfie said, you can use gmail via web interface, you don't have to go to any "special" website, gmail will know that you are using an iPhone and display the interface appropriately for your phone.

3 - I never had to do any of this because the iPhone just synced all my account settings from my computer. Including server addresses, etc.

4 - if you insist on your truemail account (?), ask your provider for the smtp settings. Call the service line. It's usually something like smtp.truemail.com, but I would just ask rather than try.

Edited by nikster

hello Guys,

I tried the relay.ksc.net.th but did not work, I did call Dtac today and they said that I should use this also. I have been messing with the settings backwards and forwards to no avail. im fed up, its not working and I think its now a cra--py phone because of this.

I hate stuff like this, why cant things ever go to plan, thats it with this thing. its going out the window in a minute. :D:o

ok, ive calmed down a tad. I will try MBK tomorrow and see if they can sort the bloo-y thing out.

if not, then I am going back to DoPod.

I dont understand it tough because my first Iphone could send e mail before I threw it out the window in a temper. why cant this one, I must be doing something wrong but I cant see where.

thank for you replies guys, I will let you know if MBK helped or not....

Change over to Ais if you can I would not think it's your phone most likley the Dtac server.

I am begining to think that as well, but its a right pain because this is a business number that I have been using for years. MBK could not sort it out, I have called Dtac 2 times now and they dont know what is wrong either.

I am waiting for them to call me back now, I hope I get it sorted soon, because its gone way past my nerves already.