Could This Be Seen Anywhere In The World Other Than Isaan?

rockyysdt

This was a first for me.

Travelling on an arterial roadway in Kham Tuk La I couldn't believe my eyes when I came across a restaurant/reception establishment.

The dining area of this business was actually occupying one of the highways lanes.

Traffic, bound for villages, farmland, schools, and other towns, has to diverge to avoid the dining guests.

Maybe the owner has a special deal with the local council. :o

Is this normal?

post-55028-1211603227_thumb.jpg

Edited by rockyysdt

The writing on the awning says Thetsabaan Tambon Kham Dtak La เทสบาลตำบลคำตากล้า which means (roughly) The (local) Government Administration of Tambon Kham Dtak La. So it probably has something to do with an official government function of some sort.

If they put out a warning sign to look out,that would not be normal.

Hehe, yes, that seems unusual. I have even seen the whole road blocked off for 3 days due to a funeral/wedding party :o

Totster :D

funeral/wedding

same same, no?

If they put out a warning sign to look out,that would not be normal.

Hehe, yes, that seems unusual. I have even seen the whole road blocked off for 3 days due to a funeral/wedding party :o

Totster :D

funeral/wedding

same same, no?

Pretty much..

totster :D

Common throughout SE Asia. On my first trip to SE Asia I attended a 3-day wedding in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. A busy street in PP was blocked off with rented awnings, 2-meter speakers were set up in the middle of the road, and festivities carried on night and day while traffic had to divert on both ends of the street (no signs, cones, or traffic control of any kind). An open sewer ran down the middle of the road (hence, right through the wedding party), and street beggars badgered the guests 24/7.

Common throughout SE Asia. On my first trip to SE Asia I attended a 3-day wedding in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. A busy street in PP was blocked off with rented awnings, 2-meter speakers were set up in the middle of the road, and festivities carried on night and day while traffic had to divert on both ends of the street (no signs, cones, or traffic control of any kind). An open sewer ran down the middle of the road (hence, right through the wedding party), and street beggars badgered the guests 24/7.

I have seen it in Vietnam and even Singapore (with permission of course) and the women wailers

I have seen it in Vietnam and even Singapore (with permission of course) and the women wailers

Were those "women wailers" the ones who didn't catch the handsome groom? :o

The writing on the awning says Thetsabaan Tambon Kham Dtak La เทสบาลตำบลคำตากล้า which means (roughly) The (local) Government Administration of Tambon Kham Dtak La. So it probably has something to do with an official government function of some sort.

or maybe not, i think the local governments lend these out as a community service. we borrowed 2 of these from a local government office for a party at the house and returned them the next day.