Anyone Know Of A Place That Can Fix An Old Uk Nes In Bkk?

Thairish

I recently did a bit of spring cleaning and happened upon my old NES, with it, carts of all the Super Mario Games! Anyway, I plugged it in and the lights come on, but the picture doesn't quite want to appear and just seems to be in a constant loop of trying to boot up.

I talked to the Amorn service centre in Fortune Town and they pointed me towards Charoen Krung. But if there are any other suggestions I'd like to hear them..

Cheers..

LivinLOS's suggestion is a good one... My gf wanted some old games so i got her two Playstation joysticks + a USB adapter for PC for 380 baht, then gave her some S-NES, Playstation & arcade emulators. Works brilliantly.

Thanks for the emulator suggestions, I'd rather get the NES fixed as I want my 4 year old to enjoy her own games system, though dad will probably be sat in front of it more! Got to love those old games, I still had my old Atari 2600 until I left Dublin! Pacman.. Enough of the nostalgia! Any other suggestions would be great..

Thanks for the emulator suggestions, I'd rather get the NES fixed as I want my 4 year old to enjoy her own games system, though dad will probably be sat in front of it more! Got to love those old games, I still had my old Atari 2600 until I left Dublin! Pacman.. Enough of the nostalgia! Any other suggestions would be great..

I used to fix those consoles all of the time. Most often they don't work because of corrosion on the copper contacts in the game cartridge. you can use a soft steel wool or even a dry scotch brite pad to clean them first before you pay someone to do essential the same thing. If that doesn't fix it you're looking at repairs that are going to cost more than a new system.

I used to fix those consoles all of the time. Most often they don't work because of corrosion on the copper contacts in the game cartridge. you can use a soft steel wool or even a dry scotch brite pad to clean them first before you pay someone to do essential the same thing. If that doesn't fix it you're looking at repairs that are going to cost more than a new system.

Thanks for the info skettios! I'll try scraping the contacts and hope for the best!

• 2 months later...