Usa No Passport Controls On Exit

jonniebkk

Non-Immigrant visitors to the U.S.A. with a Visa have to complete an I-94 form, upon arrival the Arrival portion is collected and they are stamped in, but more importantly an electronic record is made. Upon departure they must turn in the Departure portion, this is usually taken by the airline. If not, it needs to be turned in to CBP officers/officials, who sometimes staff the departure concourses in international airports. Failure to turn this in can lead to issues in the future; for without the Departure portion no electronic record is entered and it looks like the visitor never left the U.S.A.

U.S. citizens may or may not get a physical stamp upon entry, but there is a record made as the passport is scanned. Upon departure the airline scans the passport and forwards that detail to CBP, so there are records of arrival and departure.

For all flights bound for the U.S.A. the carrier must transmit a detailed passenger manifest prior to landing. I think there is a requirement to transmit this information prior to wheels-up but am not sure where that stands.

U.S. citizens may or may not get a physical stamp upon entry, but there is a record made as the passport is scanned.

Upon departure the airline scans the passport and forwards that detail to CBP, so there are records of arrival and departure.

Well, it makes for a nice easy departure for both citizens and visitors as having the airlines basically perform the passport control function eliminates one wait in line :o

Even as an American citizen, your passport gets scanned going outbound. It's done as part of the airline check-in process.

Yes, but no exit stamp is highly unusual compared to other countries.

And precisely why should a government give a dam_n where it's own citizens are going?

i have not entirely read all the postings. However, if a citizen leaving his/her home country, there is no need for exit/entry stamp Imm only needs to scan your passport. Stamping of exit/entry onto passport only applicable when you enters/exit a foreign country, (hence the imm queue for foreign or local passport holders). Simply put, leaving or entering your home country, NO STAMPS. BUT SCANNED!

Check-in counters at the airlines, only meant you have checked in for your flight. At no time, it is taken to construed that you have left the country. Stand corrected though I am sure I am right.

Simply put, leaving or entering your home country, NO STAMPS. BUT SCANNED!

I wasn't leaving my home Country and I wasn't stamped out.

I think that we were talking about having an Exit stamp in your passport to make it easier to prove where you just came from when entering another country.

I have noticed a particular thing about travel to the USA...that there are no passport/immigration control when one leaves the country. This is the only country to which I have been that operates in this fashion. Are there other countries like this?

I am a US passport holder so don't get a entry stamp on arrival or any limitation on my length of stay. Do foreigners entering the US receive such a stamp? I would suppose not as nobody checks any such stamp when they leave. Just seems sorta weird...and another example of American exceptionalism :o

The only record is the airline ticket. however, one can "walk" across the border down in San Diego California right into Mexico. Absolutely nothing is checked and nobody would know that you left the counrty