Have 1 Year Ed Visa But Now Need To Work!

My ED (student) visa will expire in mid-September of this year. It was issued for my study at Chula. however, having completed 50% of this course, I need to postpone further study due to a change in my circumstances! I'm actually going to start a new job as a lowly-paid teacher in a temple school, and I need to see what visa I can obtain after my ED visa expires.

I cannot extend my visa based on marriage to my Thai wife because I divorced her last week (bliss....)

I am under 50 years old.....

I think that I cannot obtain a WP with an ED visa...

So, AFAIK, I need to go and get a non-imm B visa from a nearby friendly embassy/consulate, and then do 3 month visa runs. Is my understanding correct? Or is there some way that I can extend my existing visa without leaving the country?? (I could sign up for a Thai language course, but I think that I will not have the money for this, nor the time to attend/travel to the school).

Thanks for advice!

Simon

My ED (student) visa will expire in mid-September of this year. It was issued for my study at Chula. however, having completed 50% of this course, I need to postpone further study due to a change in my circumstances! I'm actually going to start a new job as a lowly-paid teacher in a temple school, and I need to see what visa I can obtain after my ED visa expires.

I cannot extend my visa based on marriage to my Thai wife because I divorced her last week (bliss....)

I am under 50 years old.....

I think that I cannot obtain a WP with an ED visa...

So, AFAIK, I need to go and get a non-imm B visa from a nearby friendly embassy/consulate, and then do 3 month visa runs. Is my understanding correct? Or is there some way that I can extend my existing visa without leaving the country?? (I could sign up for a Thai language course, but I think that I will not have the money for this, nor the time to attend/travel to the school).

Thanks for advice!

Simon

Simon,

Sorry to see, life or the women you have met in Thailand has not treated you kindly. I think you could write a novel.

You still have the telephone service biz back home?

You cannot work with an ED extension of stay permit or ED visa. Up to Jan 2007 it was possible but times change.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com