Resorts In Mountains

Dr. Burrito

Hi;

we are looking to find a beautiful place to shoot a commercial near Chiang Mai. I would reckon the resorts are the best place to start. Does anyone know of a great place in the hills/mountains with a view to die for at sunset?

What I have heard of through a friend is something called MON KAEW DOI KHAM and PANVIMAN. Is this one place or two? I found a link to Panviman and it looks very nice, but still trying to get information on the other, unless it is one and the same.

Thanks

Dr. B

Edited by Dr. Burrito

Hi;

we are looking to find a beautiful place to shoot a commercial near Chiang Mai. I would reckon the resorts are the best place to start. Does anyone know of a great place in the hills/mountains with a view to die for at sunset?

What I have heard of through a friend is something called MON KAEW DOI KHAM and PANVIMAN. Is this one place or two? I found a link to Panviman and it looks very nice, but still trying to get information on the other, unless it is one and the same.

Thanks

Dr. B

Don't know Mon Kaew Doi Kham but assume it is near Doi Kham in the Mae Hia area.

Near the Panviman is Mount Takhrai resort, which should be well worth a look.

It might be worth getting a copy of the Mae Sa Valley Samoeng map, with 51 resorts & ghouses in & around the Mae Sa Valley / Chiang Mai marked on it.

Hi;

Thanks

Dr. B

Depending on the commercial, you might want to look at Ma Ahn, about 3km past Prem Tinsulanonda International school. The entrance into town can be very pretty along the rice paddys.

For a beautiful resort in the mountains, I would recomend Doi Angkhan, north...near Fang. great settings in the Royal project and cheap bungalows or upscale Amari acomodations.

Do a google on it....

Agree on Doi Ang Khang being a great place, but not sure about a sunset view from down in the basin.

Doi Kham would be useless as it aint very 'big'. It does have a pretty decent view from the Temple terrace of Mae Hia, the old Ratchaphruek site etc.. it's hardly to die for though..

also agree about Ang Khang, the village of Ban Koom where all the accomodation lies, is in a deep bowl near the summit

For a beautiful resort in the mountains, I would recomend Doi Angkhan, north...near Fang. great settings in the Royal project and cheap bungalows or upscale Amari acomodations.

Do a google on it....

Agree on Doi Ang Khang being a great place, but not sure about a sunset view from down in the basin.

Due to the topography, there aren't many great sunset views as the sun tends to go below the mountains well before it sets upon the horizon. However last summer I drove the relatively new road from Mae Chaem to Khun Yuam in the late afternoon and the views as the sun was going behind the mountains to the west, around 4:00PM were fantastic, but no resorts had been built as yet.