What Sport Do You Want To See And/or Play In Pattaya?

Loosescrew

I always enjoyed playing softball and hockey if it were possible. I'd love to watch hockey and play softball in the field on 2nd/south road. Maybe I'll join the lawn bowling or petanque clubs...

Am I Dreaming? Anyone want to play softball? I could see traffic coming to a halt with a bunch of whities running the bases. It would also be fun to play with the Thais of course. :o

as an oldie i would like to see some cricket played.hate watching it but could manage a few demon overs still and knock a few windows out.

after listening to the post of the guy in bk and the seat episode(very funny) i would love this sport to come to pattaya.

communal stalking sounds good to me.

Pattaya Sports Club does softball weekly (Sundays possibly). It's out of town somewhere, google PSC to get some more info.

Cricket would be good, I know they have a six's tournament up in Chiang Mai once a year, but never seen anything down here.

Pattaya Sports Club does softball weekly (Sundays possibly). It's out of town somewhere, google PSC to get some more info.

Cricket would be good, I know they have a six's tournament up in Chiang Mai once a year, but never seen anything down here.

There used to be a few cricket matches arranged on an infrequent basis against a team from Ban Chang but I haven't heard anything for a year or so. Last I heard it was organised out of Shagwells in the soi opposite Carrefour.

What Sport Do You Want To See And/or Play In Pattaya?

Formula One (Beachroad and Second Road).

I 2nd Formula One, however compared to everyday driving on these roads, it could be rather boring.  Maybe a demolition derby at the Pattaya Nua circle would be more entertaining; on second thought, been there seen that.

Pattayadavid

I'd love to see racquetball introduced throughout the country. I think it a great game that Thai's would excel at given time. There are some courts at JUSMAG in Bangkok, but I don't know of any others. And get it done before I move there full time (in six years). I'm too dam_n old to switch to squash! :o

• 8 months later...
I'd love to see racquetball introduced throughout the country. I think it a great game that Thai's would excel at given time. There are some courts at JUSMAG in Bangkok, but I don't know of any others. And get it done before I move there full time (in six years). I'm too dam_n old to switch to squash! :o

I agree with you. Racquetball is the best sport I've ever met. Saddly, I cannot practice it at Bangkok. I haven't heard about JUSMAG before, what is this? and how many courts are in there? How much does it cost? I'll have to find some other racquet sport to practice during my stay in Bangkok (6 months) ... I need to be active! any suggestion?

I would like to see public places to play ping pong. Basketball too.

As far as cricket, is there any American who even understands the point of this game? To me watching it is a study in cultural differences. Without knowing the rules, it appears pointless. Not to mention boring.

Edited by Jingthing

Would like to play table tennis (not a game of ping pong) but with players of a reasonably high standard. Any suggestions?

Me too. There are some tables around, but none with reasonable surfaces and enough room to really play that I know of.