Change From Non O To Marriage Visa

I usually get a one year Non O from the UK but don't have time to go back this time for work reasons. Can I just change it and apply for a marriage based visa whilst I am here? I am married and normally live here in Bangkok.

Cheers for any info.

That is the visa used for marriage. If you are talking about a one year extension of stay you obtain that from an Immigration office with proof of 40k per month family income and normal documentation for you and Thai wife. So if you qualify you can do that.

Cheers, that proof of income, does that have to be in a Thai bank? I put quite a lot in my wifes bank every month but draw mine from a UK bank.

That is the visa used for marriage. If you are talking about a one year extension of stay you obtain that from an Immigration office with proof of 40k per month family income and normal documentation for you and Thai wife. So if you qualify you can do that.

Your wife can earn the money - just be sure she pays tax on it as that is what will be checked - if you want your income to be used it will require certification from your Embassy. There is no requirement for bank deposit of it in Thailand.

The wife doesn't earn it, I give it to her every month. Anyway, is it the actual embassy I need and I guess I just take in some pay slips and that is all? I was also wondering, do I get it done now while my non o is valid or can I do it next time when I come in on a visitor visa?

Thanks for your help.

Your wife can earn the money - just be sure she pays tax on it as that is what will be checked - if you want your income to be used it will require certification from your Embassy. There is no requirement for bank deposit of it in Thailand.
Edited by TexasRanger

You can do during the last 30 days of any non immigrant visa entry - or if you meet the conditions for extension you can change a tourist or visa exempt stamp with more than 21 days remaining into a non immigrant visa entry at an added cost of 2,000 baht.

I believe pay slips are accepted at the UK Embassy for proof but best to check directly with them.

Thanks very much, I will do that.

You can do during the last 30 days of any non immigrant visa entry - or if you meet the conditions for extension you can change a tourist or visa exempt stamp with more than 21 days remaining into a non immigrant visa entry at an added cost of 2,000 baht.

I believe pay slips are accepted at the UK Embassy for proof but best to check directly with them.

Thanks very much, I will do that.

You will need a letter from your employer in the UK as well.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com