Favorite European Restaurant?

Loosescrew

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, Renoir's is good. I also like Cherry's and Asiaroma, which are continental/thai.

never heard of asiaroma where is that 1 ?

I presume 'Romanasia' is the Restaurant in question.Very good food + prices from Sue + Derek.

On a cross Soi close to the beach,turn left at Sea Orchid on Soi 5 Pratumnak Hill,heading towards Soi 6.

Closed Sundays.

Happy Troughing

I nominate Renoir's in the Flamingo Hotel up the soi from Tuk Com.

English "Food" Not Applicable. :o

I suppose you prefer all that French stuff - like frogs and snails.

And the sauces - you know why the French cooks developed so many sauces?

Because the basic ingredients were so poor that they had to be disguised with rich, strong-tasting sauce to hide the actual taste of the meat

Give me good English roast beef any day - or roast lamb. Nice leg of lamb - nothing can beat it.

Those who knock British cuisine have never met Gary Rhodes, obviously. Greatest food in the world!

And here I am in Vietnam, surrounded by dog-restaurants.

Because the basic ingredients were so poor that they had to be disguised with rich, strong-tasting sauce to hide the actual taste of the meat

Give me good English roast beef any day - or roast lamb. Nice leg of lamb - nothing can beat it.

Those who knock British cuisine have never met Gary Rhodes, obviously. Greatest food in the world!

Never liked frogs legs,....they are always kicking my mushy peas off the plate !!!

As it's illegal to serve frog in retaurants in Goa, (my alternative home) it is shown on the menu as "jumpin' chicken" !

Lovely Dining

Never liked frogs legs,....they are always kicking my mushy peas off the plate !!!

As it's illegal to serve frog in retaurants in Goa, (my alternative home) it is shown on the menu as "jumpin' chicken" !

Lovely Dining

When I was working in Hong Kong - early nineties - my my (#2 - Polish) came out to join me for a holiday.

We went Island-side (I lived Kowloon-side) and were wandering through some of the fresh-food markets.

Came upon one guy, selling many varieties of attractive food. My wife was looking for anything and everything.

In a grass basket against the back wall were a lot of large frogs, alive, tied up with more grass.

In front of us a Chinese lady asked the guy for something - the guy immediately turned round, reached into the basket for a few frogs, slit the grass ties, chopped the legs off, wrapped them and tossed the quivering remains into a rubbish box.

My wife was not amused.

Last night I was in the only 'almost' Euro Restaurant in Ca Mau - I usually start with a salad, but the proprietor persuaded me to try his 'special' and I was fool enough to agree.

While I was expecting a different salad, the girl brought out a topless egg-and-onion pie.

Sheeeesh, a quiche, I mutter.

And this was followed by a chunk of pork topped with a thick slice of ham, melted cheese and an unknown sauce.

Now the proprietor, although Vietnamese, speaks far better French than his own language and has lived in France for a long time, plus working as camp manager for one of the large French construction companies. So he does know Euro cuisine. But this was not to my taste at all.

Not just au gratin, but absolutely no taste of the basic ingredients at all.

Give me plain meals where I can recognise what I am eating - or a good British curry where you definitely do not want to know what you're eating.