Where To Buy A Used Fridge ?

PETDCAT

Hi everyone,I am looking to buy a 2nd hand used fridge. Could anyone recommend some good places to start looking?

thanks

A used fridge? I doubt that it would run... A new one of standard size can be had for 3-4 thousand baht...

A rebuilt fridge might be a good compromise, but I can't think of anyplace here that has them for sale.

You might check inside the moat at the northern Moon Muang corner. A shop sells commercial rebuilts and they might know where a smaller one could be purchased

Hi everyone,I am looking to buy a 2nd hand used fridge. Could anyone recommend some good places to start looking?

thanks

A used fridge? I doubt that it would run... A new one of standard size can be had for 3-4 thousand baht...

A rebuilt fridge might be a good compromise, but I can't think of anyplace here that has them for sale.

You might check inside the moat at the northern Moon Muang corner. A shop sells commercial rebuilts and they might know where a smaller one could be purchased

Also check http://chiangmainews.com/classifieds_job/ great for ads of any type, and I've seen fridges advertised

thanks

Also check http://chiangmainews.com/classifieds_job/ great for ads of any type, and I've seen fridges advertised

Thanks, I have been checking chiangmainews daily. i have also checked Big C,Tesco Lotus and Makro. The cheapest I,ve seen is 5200 baht. I would love to know where they have a new one of standard size for 3-4 thousand.

cheers

thanks

Thanks, I have been checking chiangmainews daily. i have also checked Big C,Tesco Lotus and Makro. The cheapest I,ve seen is 5200 baht. I would love to know where they have a new one of standard size for 3-4 thousand.

cheers

Try some smaller stores, like Siam TV. I just bought one for 4,300 baht from them, and I just noticed that they have another one for sale at 3,490 bht

Edited by Ajarn

thanks

I bought a used fridge at a second hand shop along the moat near Chang Puak Gate more than 3 years ago for 2,500 bt. Standard size still running ok. Lots of secondhand shops down that way.

thanks

I bought a used fridge at a second hand shop along the moat near Chang Puak Gate more than 3 years ago for 2,500 bt. Standard size still running ok. Lots of secondhand shops down that way.

Also another thought... Along the outside of the moat between Chotana and the next light. I've seen many tv's for sale in some of the shops. Though I have never stopped, I expect that some tv's are not new

Edited by Ajarn

Thanks for the information, I will check out Siam as well as the shops along the moat. I am not looking for the cheapest fridge in Chiang Mai, just not sure how long I will be here and don't want to spend more then is necessary for something I might not be keeping long term.

cheers

Thanks for the information, I will check out Siam as well as the shops along the moat. I am not looking for the cheapest fridge in Chiang Mai, just not sure how long I will be here and don't want to spend more then is necessary for something I might not be keeping long term.

cheers

In my world, I can't live without a fridge- whatever the cost! :o

Both Nyom and Shara Panit have used appliances for sale, clearly turn ins when new were purchased. They have repair facilities as well and I believe will give you some sort of warranty as their repair departments check them over before putting them up for sale.

I know the Shara Panit used appliance department is to the left of the car dealership as you go in. Don't where Nyoms is but they perodicaly bring them all out front for "sales".

Both Nyom and Shara Panit have used appliances for sale, clearly turn ins when new were purchased. They have repair facilities as well and I believe will give you some sort of warranty as their repair departments check them over before putting them up for sale.

I know the Shara Panit used appliance department is to the left of the car dealership as you go in. Don't where Nyoms is but they perodicaly bring them all out front for "sales".

Thanks ProThaiExpat,that sounds interesting. Could you please tell me where these places are? Did a search and couldn't find any information.

Thanks

Thanks ProThaiExpat,that sounds interesting. Could you please tell me where these places are? Did a search and couldn't find any information.

Thanks

Sahara Panit is on the road to Mae Rim, past the Super Highway, through one traffic light and you will see it on the right, a big Toyota dealer, 1+km past the super hwy. Went by there an hour ago and next to the Toyota dealer on the North side is where they sell the used stuff, lot of motorcycles and two rows of refrigerators.

thanks

I will be leaving Chiang Mai near the end of the month and I have two refrigerators I will want to sell. One is fairly new -2,500 baht and the other isn't but works well = 2,000 baht.

thanks

I will be leaving Chiang Mai near the end of the month and I have two refrigerators I will want to sell. One is fairly new -2,500 baht and the other isn't but works well = 2,000 baht.

Thanks Arby, I sent you a pm.

anyone know where to buy one of the little fridges that are in hotel rooms, like the minibar size?

i have looked at all the major retail stores but never been able to get one.

HomePro, next to Big C on Hang Dong Rd have a few. I just bought one for the bedroom.

anyone know where to buy one of the little fridges that are in hotel rooms, like the minibar size?

They are being advertised at Siam TV for 3000 baht...

I have a little used one that you can have for 1000 Baht (PM me) - also have a top quality stainless steel bar fridge that I paid 32k for - used 9 months and in good condition (except for beer stickers) 1.2m(High) x 0.8m x 0.8m - any sensible offer (PM me) considered and you have to have a truck and at least 4 strong guys to haul it.

post-40724-1212492217_thumb.jpg

I have a little used one that you can have for 1000 Baht (PM me) - also have a top quality stainless steel bar fridge that I paid 32k for - used 9 months and in good condition (except for beer stickers) 1.2m(High) x 0.8m x 0.8m - any sensible offer (PM me) considered and you have to have a truck and at least 4 strong guys to haul it.

sent you a pm

I have a little used one that you can have for 1000 Baht (PM me) - also have a top quality stainless steel bar fridge that I paid 32k for - used 9 months and in good condition (except for beer stickers) 205 cm(High) x 75cm (wide) x 80 cm (deep) - any sensible offer (PM me) considered and you have to have a truck and at least 4 strong guys to haul it.

Been busy with major construction last few days - have replied to PM's - Thanks.

NB: Corrected the dimensions of the stainless steel fridge - its bigger (taller than I originally posted).