Distraught German Man Leaps Off Pattaya

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: June 2nd 2008

DISTRAUGHT GERMAN MAN LEAPS OFF PATTAYA UPPER CONDO CAR PARK

At 4.30am on June 2, 2008, Pol.Lt.Col. Apimook Amnajmunkong, Pattaya Investigator, Dongtan Station, was notified that a foreign man had fallen from the upper car park of Jomtien Complex Condotel, Jomtien beach, and the man was dead.Pol.Col. Nopadol Wongnom, Superintendent and Sawang Boriboon accordingly went to the incident scene to investigate.

There police found Mr. Fredric Stuart Loffler (44), from Germany, lying dead, face down on the ground. He was wearing a black T-shirt, olive-green shorts and black shoes. His head was severely injured and there was a pool of blood on the ground. In his short's pocket, police found a Nokia mobile phone, a bunch of keys, cigarettes, a broken wrist-watch and a passport, all of which police kept as evidence.

On inspecting the 6th floor car park of the condo building, Police found signs of climbing on the banister. There was no sign of fighting in the area, however. Mr. Pirun Roongsawang (23), a condo security guard, told police that, while he was on duty, checking around the front of the condo, he heard the sound of a heavy object impacting on the ground outside the condo building, around the building's ground floor parking zone. He rushed out to investigate and found the dead body of a foreigner.

Mr. Pirun further told the police that the man was a stranger, and he could have either been a newcomer who had just rented a room at the condo, or a guest of a resident. Normally, people who could enter the car park would be condo residents or guests only.

Police assumed that Mr. Loffler was probably distressed from personal problems and decided to commit suicide; this assumption was reinforced by the fact that there was no sign of fighting in the immediate vicinity. However, police will send his body for autopsy and find out where he was staying. The German Embassy will be informed accordingly.

News Type : Crime

"No sign of fighting" says PC Plod after a quick once-over.

Suicide, case closed, move on everybody, nothing to look at here.

NEXT.

Pattaya is bonkers and the Thai Police's instant assumptions are beyond belief.

If I were a bereaved family member and I had any doubts about the suicide conclusion, I would hire a private detective asap.

Im sceptical about the amount of balcony divers, but on the other hand it would be very difficult for a 45kg Thai female to over power a relatively strong male. Even if there were 2 people trying to throw someone off a balcony the shouting and screaming would be heard by others.

Edited by boiledegg

Im sceptical about the amount of balcony divers, but on the other hand it would be very difficult for a 45kg Thai female to over power a relatively strong male. Even if there were 2 people trying to throw someone off a balcony the shouting and screaming would be heard by others.

I was discussing this just yesterday with an epidemiologist at work - if you look at the methods of suicide back in the west ie europe or USA jumping is way down the list.

In the figures i have found for the UK they are mixed in with jumping in front of trains etc - I bet train jumpers are the most part of that figure too for the UK.

Taiwan has a ot of jumpers too appareantly according to my colleague - maybe westerners adopt the asian way when they live there?

unless he was unconscious

He was wearing a black T-shirt, olive-green shorts and black shoes.

Usuall Pattaya Daily News attention to useless information.

Mr. Pirun Roongsawang (23), a condo security guard, told police that, while he was on duty, checking around the front of the condo,

Funny how when this kind of thing happens the "security" are always checking the building someplace else most likely meditating with eyes closed trying to pick up on any negative vibes in the area.

Police assumed that Mr. Loffler was probably distressed from personal problems and decided to commit suicide;

As Briggsy says "Another case cleared up, file it under 'S' and update the clearup stats. Police work in Pattaya is so easy".

Taiwan has a lot of jumpers too appareantly according to my colleague - maybe westerners adopt the asian way when they live there?

I always thought most suicide attempts were cries for help in that they didnt really plan to kill themselves, jumping off a building seems to go against this theory.

Police assumed that Mr. Loffler was probably distressed from personal problems and decided to commit suicide; this assumption was reinforced by the fact that there was no sign of fighting in the immediate vicinity.

Well that saves on the paperwork.

1. No mention of wallet/money being found.

2. Where had he been that night

3. With who?

etc etc etc

there seems to be more sucide in Pattaya then Phuket or Samui.....

i have had a lot of friends distraght over bargirls ( with pattaya having the highest number ) , maybe this one was bargirl related?