Is It Safe To Broadcast Your Bank Account Number?

Ulysses G.

anybody who is worried to publish his bank account conducts UNSAFE banking :D

Got any advice on how to conduct SAFE banking, Nam? :D

to access my bank account i need three things. userword, password and most important this thingy which displays a six digit number that changes every 60 seconds:

I administer the securid token system for a major US bank's office in London. Those things cost well over $100 each to replace. I had no idea any bank sent the out to customers.

my bank supplies "SecurId" free of charge, even any replacement. no internet access with any swiss bank without SecurID! the $100 are not the actual cost but must include all kind of handling charges as well as sending it by courier only. these cost are most probably hidden in other fees the bankers charge :o

Edited by Naam

my bank supplies "SecurId" free of charge, even any replacement. no internet access with any swiss bank without SecurID! the $100 are not the actual cost but must include all kind of handling charges as well as sending it by courier only. these cost are most probably hidden in other fees the bankers charge :o

It was $140 a few years ago. That's the cost per token from the supplier (they arrive in boxes of 25). They only last a couple of years and I expect a lot never get used and loads of people would forget their PINS, so a bank would only issue them to high value customers.

They have a different design now. Longer and thinner.

It was $140 a few years ago. That's the cost per token from the supplier (they arrive in boxes of 25). They only last a couple of years and I expect a lot never get used and loads of people would forget their PINS, so a bank would only issue them to high value customers.

They have a different design now. Longer and thinner.

i have one that works since april 2003 = five years, all others are older than three years. one can select different designs. i prefer the credit card size (slightly thicker than a CC) and not the type of which i posted a picture.

post-35218-1215907038_thumb.jpg

Is this a set up already?I never ever even let my card go out of my hand to anybody,have to have it? They lose my buisiness,there are so many ways today,not only to steal your money,but your complete identity,just a scan is enough to 'Get at you ' a secure bank number,are you kidding?Read up on this and you will find in 99% of instances of monetary fraud, the crooks have broken just about every safety measure known to man,if not today,tomorrow is soon enough for them.They have even hacked into 'Safe

'government sites and computers,CAUTION should be your one and only piece of advice.

Are you kidding me? I'm setting the person up by telling them about pay pal? Millions of people use pay pal every day, and you can regularly empty it into your bank account. If you want, you can set it up so that no money will come out of your bank account. Its pretty secure and used by millions.