Leasing Tor Por 5 Land

Hi

Hope you can help me I know that as a farang you cannot purchase Tor Por land , however I would like to lease land where I can farm Palm oil as well as local produce, with this in mind a thai friend has offered to lease me tor por land can I do this or is it illegal. As stated I know that I cannot own it but leasing tor por would be a much cheaper option than buying or leasing nor sor as I only want to farm on the land as a past-time.

You are correct to say you cannot own this land but then a farang cannot own land on a chaonte or indeed any title. You can lease it though yes but check the lease with a lawyer and make sure there are no restrictions of use on the land else you might tie up a deal and find it is grazing land only or something and that you will never be allowed to produce palm oil etc.

T.B.T 5 land is essentially "squatted" land and as such the "owner" cannot legally register ownership or lease the land or use it as security for a bank loan.

Your "friend" would have registered a form of squatter's claim at the local district office for a small fee. Strictly speaking, in essence the land isn't his to lease!

Why would you pay someone to farm common or forest land? :o

However, TIT, and if it's only for farming and the amount is small, as ever "up to you" :D

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

• 3 months later...

is your land still available? how long do you want to "loan" it out? is it close to pran buri? What kind of improvements are you looking for?

I'm interested in growing crops.

jeff

I have 7 rai land south of Hua hin.

It has coconut trees on it.

If you want you can use 5 rai of it. No money needed. As long as you improve the lot.

Seriously!