Muscle Seizures

DJ Pat

I suffer from muscle seizures whenever I've recently drank caffienated drinks. Suddenly I hear noises in my ears then bang! I'm out for two hours. Luckily I was outside my apartment block so security were on hand to look after me.

It's a condition that I've had for over a year. Now, my question is, when I am recovering, EVERY muscle in my body is aching, and getting about is well, inconvenient ...but I don't want to be bedridden.

Recently I had a massage which made it severly worse, I've also been advised against painkillers or acupuncture which leaves my options of relief from this painful affliction very limited.

Any suggestions?

Hi DJ. That sounds scary. This might sound dumb, but can you avoid caffeine or are there times that you're not sure if something contains caffeine? Here's a great detox: squeeze fresh limes into a jug of water and dring it as soon as you can. Keep drinking lime water all day and limit your food to fresh stuff only. Foods like fresh fruits, veggies and rice. Soups are OK too, but make sure they're not too salty or made with MSG. This combined with yoga should be good. If you don't have the time to do yoga, take a couple of minutes and do deep breathing. This is calming and helps you to focus. Take care! :o

I suffer from muscle seizures whenever I've recently drank caffienated drinks. Suddenly I hear noises in my ears then bang! I'm out for two hours. Luckily I was outside my apartment block so security were on hand to look after me.

It's a condition that I've had for over a year. Now, my question is, when I am recovering, EVERY muscle in my body is aching, and getting about is well, inconvenient ...but I don't want to be bedridden.

Recently I had a massage which made it severly worse, I've also been advised against painkillers or acupuncture which leaves my options of relief from this painful affliction very limited.

Any suggestions?

DJ Pat.... does this happen just as you are going to sleep..? or drowsey for instance ?

Totster :o

Have you seen a Doctor?

There are some good Thai Doctors, but I tend to "call home" for a second opinion.

I just call my local GP at home and ask him for advice before I do anything.He even put me on to an Orthopedic Surgeon for a second opinion...all for free....but that was NZ.

There have been a few threads on here about muscle pain and cramps related to dehydration. Dehydration can happen slowly without you noticing. I tend not to drink and or eat after caffeinated drinks. I usually always have a glass of water or two along with my coffee or tea.