Recommend A Tailor

RoastLamb

The reason that no-one has replied to your post so far is that it's asked so frequently that regulars here feel you should have taken the trouble to do a search before starting a new thread. This is good policy to save you time and avoid the irritated responses often made to a common post like this but...

...in looking for the last thread I recall on this subject I did a Thai Visa search on "Tailor Chiang Mai" and have to say it wasn't very helpful:

307547949_DTce9-L.jpg

Link 1 - 2005

Link 2 - Jan 2006

Link 3 - Dec 2006

Link 4 - 2005

Link 5 - 2007 - possibly useful but specifically about shirts!

Link 6 - 2006

Link 7 - 2008 - That's this thread

Link 8 - N/A

The next couple were 2004 and 2005. You would grow old, or at least put on a few extra kilos by the time you could get anything very useful out of this search.

To the admin at TV then: isn't there some way of running internal searches firstly in the forum they are initiated in and then in latest post date order? I can see you're using the Google site search but if it could be done then it would work much better. Incidentally, I was posting a question on the support forum of a software company this morning and when I entered the subject line it offered me a pop up list along the lines of "Here are some recent threads with similar subjects - please see if your query is answered in any of them before continuing with your post". Neat.

I know there's been a useful thread with the info you need in the last couple of months. I just can't find it, sorry.

Looking to pick up a couple of pairs of trousers and a handful of tailored shirts. Nothing too fancy, a fee of around two or three thousand baht would be ideal. Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks!

Savile Row, London. i was always quite satisfied with the quality :o

Looking to pick up a couple of pairs of trousers and a handful of tailored shirts. Nothing too fancy, a fee of around two or three thousand baht would be ideal. Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks!

Savile Row, London. i was always quite satisfied with the quality :o

He said Baht, not £! :D

Last year, Neramit tailors was recommended to me. That did some good work, made nice clothes, and it wasn't too expensive.

Here is his website with a map. http://www.neramit-custom-tailoring.com/co...m-tailored.html

Thanks for the replies. I did try to use the search but either it doesn't work or I'm too stupid to use it. I suspect the later. I'll look into the one that was recommended and hope for some more.

I'm in Chiang Mai by the way, not London :o

I can see you're using the Google site search but if it could be done then it would work much better.

Top right corner next to Members is the internal Search engine that I use. You can select a specific forum to search in. Here is the search list for tailors under Chiangmai forum > Search results

Neramit does seem to be the most popular among members.

I can see you're using the Google site search but if it could be done then it would work much better.

Top right corner next to Members is the internal Search engine that I use. You can select a specific forum to search in. Here is the search list for tailors under Chiangmai forum > Search results

Good tip - Thanks! I used the obvious search box right by the TV logo in the top left, as you might expect a newbie like me to do but the one you suggest (unaccountably hidden away in a bunch of links that look like they're all going to be advertising) gives much better results. A prominent button for "Search This Forum" might be useful if the feature I mentioned in my post above can't be implemented (or even if it can).

Time for a little site design rethink, perhaps? :o

Edited by Greenside

Top right corner next to Members is the internal Search engine that I use. You can select a specific forum to search in.

500+ posts and I never saw that search button on the upper-right corner! (Could they have made it any less obvious?)

Note to George: Now if only the board admin would allow search results of three characters the minimum instead of the current four.

Edited by Rice_King

500+ posts and I never saw that search button on the upper-right corner! (Could they have made it any less obvious?)

Note to George: Now if only the board admin would allow search results of three characters the minimum instead of the current four.

I seem to recall it was more obvious but TV has grown quite a bit with all the extras now in the top. There was a discussion about that (4 character minimum) in the mods forum after a member brought it up. I thought that was changed but guess not. I agree, 3 characters or more would help a lot.

Good tip - Thanks! I used the obvious search box right by the TV logo in the top left, as you might expect a newbie like me to do but the one you suggest (unaccountably hidden away in a bunch of links that look like they're all going to be advertising) gives much better results. A prominent button for "Search This Forum" might be useful if the feature I mentioned in my post above can't be implemented (or even if it can).

There's also a search function at the bottom left corner of each page. It will search the "context" you're in, i.e. the current forum or thread. If you're in the Chiang Mai forum and enter the word "tailor" and then click "Search Forum" you will get a whole bunch of more or less relevant threads.

Seek and ye shall find!

/ Priceless

There's also a search function at the bottom left corner of each page. It will search the "context" you're in, i.e. the current forum or thread. If you're in the Chiang Mai forum and enter the word "tailor" and then click "Search Forum" you will get a whole bunch of more or less relevant threads.

Seek and ye shall find!

/ Priceless

I was just talking to a friend over lunch and he told me about that one. On the other hand he didn't know about the one in the top left!

There's also a search function at the bottom left corner of each page.

Thanks Priceless. I was pretty sure there was one there somewhere but being a moderator there are a lot more boxes down there and couldn't see the forest for the trees. :o

There's also a search function at the bottom left corner of each page.

Thanks Priceless. I was pretty sure there was one there somewhere but being a moderator there are a lot more boxes down there and couldn't see the forest for the trees. :D

Always glad to help a moderator in need :o

/ Priceless