Foreign Affairs Offices?

hi gang,

my wife (thai) and i are very close to submitting her app for PR in canada. however she does need to take her Family Book and her Birth Certificate to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for certified translation (into english).

my question is this, is there only one Ministry of Foreign Affairs office in Bangkok located in Laksi? if so does anyone know what floor this service is available on?

my wife got her new passport issued (with new surname) after getting married in a gov't office in Pin Klao. i didn't take notice if this office was also a Ministry of Foreign Affairs or not. if it is it would certainly be much more convenient for my wife to go to rather than Laksi.

any help appreciated,

tt

editted for clarification

Edited by thaitang

But you do not make the translation there - you use a normal translation service that is certified by the MFA. They can then do the run to MFA for you or you can take yourself. I have not been to the facility (was in city when I used) but the MFA office is like an airport terminal and very well signed.

Legalization Division , 3rd floor

Department of Consular Affairs

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

123 Chaeng Watthana Road

Bangkok 10210

Tel : 0-2575-1056-59 Fax : 0-2575-1054

Service hours : 08.30 - 14.30 hrs. (Closed on Saturday - Sunday and Public Holidays)

Email : [email protected]

chaeng_eng.gif

Legalisation of documents only at laksi.
But you do not make the translation there - you use a normal translation service that is certified by the MFA.

Guys thanks for the clarification. My wife would have been going to the Laksi MFA office in a week, with Thai documents in hand looking for the section that translated and notorized. You saved her a big headache for sure and probably saved me at least a small little headache also!

They can then do the run to MFA for you or you can take yourself.

lopburi, you made it too easy for my wife, to let someone else take the translated documents to Laksi. She actaully was there with me when we got my Affirmation to Marry document from the embassy translated (to Thai script) and certified/notorized at the MFA office in Laksi.

So she (my wife) is good to go for there. Just awesome to know she needs to go with translated (to english) copies in-hand, just like my Affirmation to Marry document, to have them notorized.

thanks again for the map, awesome visual help.

cheers,

tt.