Decent Place

Kringle

Got a friend coming over for a while and he wants to go to Pattaya for 4-5 days and then to Chiang Mai for about the same period. Can you recommend a decent place (a/c,clean and private bath) that he could get for say, 6-1500 baht per night? I know it's a broad range but I would apreciate any help. He wants to check out the nightlife and also to see what's on offer as far as places to buy to retire to. If you could recommend any agents or hotels, it would be great.

Thanks to all, Kringle :o

I used to stay at a nice place in Jomtien called " Sugar Palm Beach Hotel ".... only bt750 per night .... big clean rooms, on suite, aircon and cable... good place.

directions.... come into Jomtien and you will see KFC on the left and the Police "office" in front, take a right turn at the Police "office" and it's on the right .... approx three buildings from the gate...

totster :o

Davethailand, Thanks for that and in my haste I didn't look in the pinned section of each location. It will help me and my friend if anyone can help because I'm not familier with Pattaya and not a lot of Chiang Mai. I know the areas around Sukhumvit because I almost lived there when I got here over 2 years ago. :o I trust your opinion and am happy to receive any help from you guys. I printed the pinned places in the different locals that are listed on the forum by George and will forward this on to my friend. Thanks again for any and all help.

Cheers, Kringle

Thanks for the suggestions as far as places to stay. Always can depend on TV to get the answers.

Thaicoon, He's going to be here from the 4th - 22nd. Wants to spend 5 days Bangers then 4-5 Pattaya another 4-5 Chiang Mai and then the rest in Bangers. Got another friend coming on the 16th and will see him after meeting with you on the 15th. Should be a nice visit with some friends in town. Thanks again for bringing the parts as it really does help.

Cheers, Kringle :o

soi 15 ( i think) beach rd, there's a couple of good places, sandy springs, dynasty inn.

Its Soi 13 Dave..........Kringle i/d go along with Sandy Springs.......new place, centrally located but not too 'full' on like the hotels located on Soi 7 or 8. Also handy for all the fast food joints...........if you come down the beach road (one way system) Soi 13 is 2nd on the left after you have passed Mikes Dept store (cant miss it) ....Soi 13 is a one way (as is the next soi) so you/ll have to go 2 Soi's passed and go round the block. .... :o

Stayed at AA hotel which is realy nice with swimming pool overlooking the beach about 650 a night,

If you ever want to push the boat out the AA has a penthouse available for 2000 baht/night (price 1yr ago) which covers half the top of the hotel...........has its own private stairway up to it and private terrace looking directly over the bay.

Just got more word back from my friend and he has decided that South Pattaya seems to be the most happening area. What he wants is to be able to walk to any of the nightspots from his hotel and be able to walk (or stagger) back when he's done for the night. :o I emailed him this thread but I'm finding it hard to find the hotels you guys suggested (Sandys,AA and others) they don't seem to be on the hotel list supplied in this forum. He wants to book before he comes so he knows he has a place. I wish I knew more of the area but I haven't been there yet. :D

Thanks for the help, Kringle

www.asiatravel.com - many hotel listings

www.welcome.co.th - welcome plaza website

Just got more word back from my friend and he has decided that South Pattaya seems to be the most happening area. What he wants is to be able to walk to any of the nightspots from his hotel and be able to walk (or stagger) back when he's done for the night. :o I emailed him this thread but I'm finding it hard to find the hotels you guys suggested (Sandys,AA and others) they don't seem to be on the hotel list supplied in this forum. He wants to book before he comes so he knows he has a place. I wish I knew more of the area but I haven't been there yet.  :D

Thanks for the help, Kringle

Thaiflyer1 & Britmaverick, thanks for the info and this should do it for him or he shouldn't go. :o

Thanks to all for the help also. I might even get the chance to make it myself. :D

Kringle  try  this  site  for  all  the  hotels  in  soi  13  http://www.scandibar.com/hotel/    if  your  mate  fancys  any  of  them  and  you  cant  get  booked  online  or  by  phone  p.m  me  and  i/ll  call  down  and  book  him  a  room. Just  double  checked  the  site  you  can  book  online  via  it.

Britmaverick, I'm going to try and make that one with my Hawaii friend but I have another friend coming in on the 15th and yet another the 16th from England so don't know yet. Might be easier for me to make the Bangkok one if there's any money left from partying with these guys. :D That is of course the misses doesn't kill me. :o:D

Have fun and thanks again to all, Kringle

Kringle  try  this  site  for  all  the  hotels  in  soi  13  http://www.scandibar.com/hotel/    if  your  mate  fancys  any  of  them  and  you  cant  get  booked  online  or  by  phone  p.m  me  and  i/ll  call  down  and  book  him  a  room. Just  double  checked  the  site  you  can  book  online  via  it.

http://www.pattayapages.com/residence/

Try this , class mate :o