Uk Male Married To Thai.

Because some people may not have the 400,000 baht in the bank or the 40,000 baht income........That's probably why it would be easier to go to Penang!

Smart ass!

Claire.

I look forward to more of your carefully considered contributions to discussions here dear lady.

Because some people may not have the 400,000 baht in the bank or the 40,000 baht income........That's probably why it would be easier to go to Penang!

Smart ass!

Claire.

Thanks for that creative piece of repartee. Renewal is far from an automatic because the Consulate will see that the applicant is trying to use a multiple to avoid the income and savings requirements. Things are getting tougher

When things do get difficult don't worry. I will inform you all.

I have seen too many people on this board trying to frighten other people with their scare tactics.

I have a good friend in Penang and if the proverbial ever happens. He would inform me. Immediately!

As for now and any time you care to mention in the past.

All that is required at this moment in time is: A UK passport, marriage certificate, picture and the required fee of 500 ringgit.

No pictures of fiance or copies of her ID card.

Hope this helps some of the viewers on here.

Claire. :o

When things do get difficult don't worry. I will inform you all.

I have seen too many people on this board trying to frighten other people with their scare tactics.

I have a good friend in Penang and if the proverbial ever happens. He would inform me. Immediately!

As for now and any time you care to mention in the past.

All that is required at this moment in time is: A UK passport, marriage certificate, picture and the required fee of 500 ringgit.

No pictures of fiance or copies of her ID card.

Hope this helps some of the viewers on here.

What are you saying ? You mention marriage and fiance here. It has to be one or the other.

When applying for a visa based on marriage, the copy of the partner's id card

is not essential, but some consulates will request it, so it is better to be prepared!!

Astral. Sorry to harp, but is he talking about marriage or just being engaged ? His post mentions both, and an ' engagement ' visa isn't a feature of Thai law.

When applying for a visa based on marriage, the copy of the partner's id card

is not essential, but some consulates will request it, so it is better to be prepared!!

Astral. Sorry to harp, but is he talking about marriage or just being engaged ? His post mentions both, and an ' engagement ' visa isn't a feature of Thai law.

(S)He said marriage certificate in the very first post, so I took the use

of fiance as a grammatical slip.

As always you are right that there is no Fiance visa.

It is married or single, no in betweens.

Just to keep sensible people up to date....The consulate at penang do NOT ask for a copy of your wifes ID card. So that proves Astral wrong!

Yes Dr Patpong ...You were right! I slipped up with the fiance bit....Are we happy now?

At least I have offered information that is helpful to this site......The only thing you lot do is slag everyone off!

Hope this helps the people who require some helpful tips.

Astral.....F*** O**.

Just to keep sensible people up to date....The consulate at penang do NOT ask for a copy of your wifes ID card. So that proves Astral wrong!

Yes Dr Patpong ...You were right! I slipped up with the fiance bit....Are we happy now?

At least I have offered information that is helpful to this site......The only thing you lot do is slag everyone off!

Hope this helps the people who require some helpful tips.

Happy as bugs in rugs. Let's know how your next multi application turns out. :o

Astral.....F*** O**.

It sounds as though your are new to the Thai visa scene.

Penang may not ask for the copy of the wife's/husband's id card,

but I can assure you that some consulates do, and they are perfectly

entitled to do so.

They can ask for ANY additional documentation that they feel is appropriate.

Abuse of other forum members is not tolerated.

It sounds as though your are new to the Thai visa scene.

Penang may not ask for the copy of the wife's/husband's id card,

but I can assure you that some consulates do, and they are perfectly

entitled to do so.

They can ask for ANY additional documentation that they feel is appropriate.

Abuse of other forum members is not tolerated.

A Dodger with attitude and knowledge immeasurably greater than we mortals Astral.

Arstral....Somewhere in your mind you seem to have forgot something......I was talking about Penang. No other place. Have we got that straight now?

And as for being a "runner" as the doc prescribes......He couldn't be farer from the point.

I was read about a decent guy whom had lived, supported and taken care of everyone in his family....The poor B*******d found himself without the necessary money ( according to the Thai's ) to support his family. He had already been doing this for several years!

Now we've got Dr Pat Pong and Asrtral telling them they are the walkers!

I dearly hope that life goes wrong for the both of you!

You two live in a smug little world.

Claire.

Arstral....Somewhere in your mind you seem to have forgot something......I was talking about Penang. No other place. Have we got that straight now?

And as for being a "runner" as the doc prescribes......He couldn't be farer from the point.

I was read about a decent guy whom had lived, supported and taken care of everyone in his family....The poor B*******d found himself without the necessary money ( according to the Thai's ) to support his family. He had already been doing this for several years!

Claire.

That'd be right. Thanks for your kind thoughts, and continue poverty packing while you can.

Dr Pat Pong. I just hope that other users on this branch realise that you are a moderator.

As far as walkers go......What is your problem with walkers?

Are you far superior to the rest of the walkers on this branch?

I am a walker for my own reasons.....I own property in the UK that you could probably only dream of owning . Then again.....I'm making presumptions about you! Just like you make the presumptions about the walkers!

I only hope that the ordinary people on this website see through you and see you for what you are???????????

Claire.

Dr Pat Pong. I just hope that other users on this branch realise that you are a moderator.

I am a walker for my own reasons.....I own property in the UK that you could probably only dream of owning . Then again.....I'm making presumptions about you! Just like you make the presumptions about the walkers!

I only hope that the ordinary people on this website see through you and see you for what you are???????????

Claire.

Yeah ... what I am ... a sad sort of a person that believes that guests should comply with the laws of the land. That isn't how you see it at all I know.

Claire.

I really think you should calm down a little dear lady.

You have made 9 Posts and as far as I can see most have been confrontational and / or abusive.

It's not necessary and it’s very irritating.

God for bid somebody tries to give a bit of inside information/advice again.

This sort of advice is golden and should be incouraged.

Claire deserves a simple.........THANKS, or a polite query to how she has come by this information.

Im sure if it came from a more regular poster there would have been a lot of assssssssssss xxxxxxxxxx and back slapping.

This forum is going down hill.

I wonder why?

Claire.

That'd be right. Thanks for your kind thoughts, and continue poverty packing while you can.

In your eyes Claire Dr Pat Pong and Astral live in there own smug little world.

In the eyes of the many they offer excellent advice and information.

They just suggest you follow Thai law, sound advice if you want to live in LOS. :o

:o Claire, There are a lot of people that are extemely helpful on this forum, some of whom, no doubt, have property and large incomes, if you are so 'high nosed' I wonder why you bother with this forum, or do you just like to be abusive?

Just another poverty packer without the means to get an extended visa. You have to pity him. ( the name is enough of a handicap to have )

Dr Patpong.

Please let everyone on this forum know what visa they legally require to stay in Thailand!

I always thought a non imm o or even a tourist visa would let you stay legally in Thailand?

Am I wrong?

Am I staying in Thailand illegally with my non imm o visa?

You seem to know everything.........

Please enlighten everyone!

I must admit that you sound like those know it all <deleted> who prop up various expat bars spouting their know it all nonsense to anyone who'll listen.

The guy was only giving over some advice. I have some advice for you.

Bear in mind for the future there are always people who know more than you. Get over yourselves!

Dr Patpong.

Please let everyone on this forum know what visa they legally require to stay in Thailand!

I always thought a non imm o or even a tourist visa would let you stay legally in Thailand?

Am I wrong?

Am I staying in Thailand illegally with my non imm o visa?

You seem to know everything.........

Please enlighten everyone!

Perhaps you should re-read you post in this thread of 01 November wherein you clearly indicated that you were ( for your own reasons ) a walker. It is enlightenment time for us all.

Why is it so difficult for people to understand the difference between the written law and the meaning/spirit of the law?

The laws in Thailand are usually not very clear, leaving room for interpretaion by officers. Sometimes this can be good for people who face sincere problems or who are 'border line cases' but this 'system' is sadly abused by people who in effect reside in LOS and do 30 days non-visa or 60 days tourist visa border runs back to back for years!

I hope Thailand will come up with laws to limit the number of 30 days non visa or 60 days tourist visa entries per year. This could easily stop the abuse and not hurt the real tourists and residents.

opalhort