Best Timing For Penang Thai Visa Application

I have to do it super quickly as the old Visa is out and my 3rd tourist stamp is up quickly. Now I have all my Visa App papers nicely arranged by a lawyer and a company that is sponsoring me. Do you think it's better to arrive early week and hang out in case there are snags in the process ? Or could I go in on a Thurs night, drop papers on Fri am, then pick up on Mon morning and head back ? How do those with experience usually do the routine ?

You stay anywhere near the place that's nice, cheap, convenient travel to/from Emabssy as well ?

Thanks for seasoned advice in advance!

It should be next workday so Friday/Monday should be fine if no holiday of either country involved. The Consulate is only about a 15 minute taxi ride from anywhere in Georgetown (in western suburb). Nice does not come too cheap so can only say about 1,000 baht will buy low business class accommodations in well worn hotels (but my experience dates back a bit so can not recommend anyplace).

<br />I have to do it super quickly as the old Visa is out and my 3rd tourist stamp is up quickly. Now I have all my Visa App papers nicely arranged by a lawyer and a company that is sponsoring me. Do you think it's better to arrive early week and hang out in case there are snags in the process ? Or could I go in on a Thurs night, drop papers on Fri am, then pick up on Mon morning and head back ? How do those with experience usually do the routine ?<br />You stay anywhere near the place that's nice, cheap, convenient travel to/from Emabssy as well ?<br /><br />Thanks for seasoned advice in advance!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

you'll need to arrive before 10pm in chulia street, go and see the visa agent NJ, he does charge you a small amount of money 25RM but you won't have to go to the consulate and so be able to enjoy your rest, you'll also be able to buy a ticket from penang to hatyai for 25RM

if you wanna stay on the cheap after giving the papers to NJ, continue to the end of the street as if you were going to the mall, before the end of the street have a look on your right, you'll see a hotel, it's managed by indians you can get decent accomodations for very cheap 15RM if i remember correctly.

if you wanna try a decent indian restaurant, still while going to the mall, just after the corner on the left, you'll see the yasmine restaurant, you'll smell the curry flavour, i stop there all the time and order chicken masalla with indian rice 4.5RM you way want to try the iced tea milk there also.

if you decide to go to the mall, you should visit the giant shop in the underground, it's a food shop with a lot of foreign products with malaysian prices or the same prices as in the country of origin, i was able to find my favourite belgian chocolate for the same price as in my country. :o

i hope that'll help you

Thanks for the advice boys. And as far as the runners go...... it seems everybody does it. Is it the best way to do it ? No hassles and things always go great ? And if I went to the Embassy myself I just create a hassle by doing everything too formally ? Anybody do it themselves and just glide thru the official way ? I'm pretty fine with the easy route. But I don't wanna do the official thing and invite even more hoops to jump thru by doing what I'm supposed to do. You know what I mean; it happens in Thld all the time. So what should I do ? Going back n forth all the time.

most people arrive penang and race over to NJ Books on chulia street and submit passport b4 noon. some others go to parvez book store next to that and a few hand it in to banana guest house. probably half of the runners shack up in some flea bag bed bug ridden chulia st guest house while others choose the musty 1.5 star hotels nearby. then you have the upscale runners who shell out the 1800 baht for the 3 star nothing special hotels in the area like cititel