Tot

cluezo

I have never dealt with a crazier, more inept company in my life than TOT. I recently rented a nice house in Rayong which previously had TOT Internet/phone service installed. The service had simply been turned off when the other people moved out. The phone lines were still connected to the house. My landlord gave me a copy of their last TOT invoice which included the house address, previous phone numer, etc. I went to the Rayong TOT office to sign up for the same package. I filled in and signed a year contract and they gave me a box containing a brand new modem/router. I gave them the copy of the old invoice so they would know where to go, etc. I also gave them my cell number and they said they would call me and tell me the time and date when they would come to my house and install whatever it was they needed to install (in America, the phone company just gives you a new number and connects you from the office).

I got a call six days later, saying they would be there at 1pm. 1pm comes and goes, no TOT. 2pm - same thing. 3pm, I call TOT. In very bad English they told me they couldn't find my house. I said, in so many words, "how is that possible? You have my address from the old invoice. You're a phone company! How can you not find my adress, you have the information??!!! Alas, to no avail. My hand to god, the woman asked me to put a big sign in front of my house with TOT written on it so the installers could locate my house. I kid you not. I complied, and an hour later the TOT truck arrives and they hook up some wires and leave. Everything is fine until almost two months later and I'm beginning to wonder why my TOT invoice has not arrived. I don't want to get disconnected. Now here's the good part: my invoice finally arrives and reads like this:

Issue Date: 14/05/51

Due Date: 07/05/51

Current Charge: 37.48 ????

And the topper: the invoice arrived on 22/05/51

So the invoice was issued 7 days after it was due and delivered a week later...

Scary, nutty outfit.... :o:D:D

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn´t TOT the only internet supplier in Thailand who block youtube?

You are correct. They block youtube but there are ways around it. Go to google and enter: "proxy youtube" (without the quotes), you'll find a site that lets you in.