Download Vs. Install

allexx

A week ago I bought a new computer and at the same time I bought a genuine Windows XP Home SP2. My “plomplem” is that I can download the up dates but can’t install some of them, how come? I tried Windows troubleshooter but that’s a joke.

post-1360-1212762846_thumb.jpg

post-1360-1212762863_thumb.jpg

Guest Reimar
A week ago I bought a new computer and at the same time I bought a genuine Windows XP Home SP2. My "plomplem" is that I can download the up dates but can't install some of them, how come? I tried Windows troubleshooter but that's a joke.

Some of that updates you need to install separately, one by one. For others I believe you didn't has the original installed like Office 2003 and the online check didn't allow to update the pirated version.

So, you need to try to install each update separate.

Cheers.

A week ago I bought a new computer and at the same time I bought a genuine Windows XP Home SP2. My "plomplem" is that I can download the up dates but can't install some of them, how come? I tried Windows troubleshooter but that's a joke.

Some of that updates you need to install separately, one by one. For others I believe you didn't has the original installed like Office 2003 and the online check didn't allow to update the pirated version.

So, you need to try to install each update separate.

Cheers.

Another 2 installed….and 4 to go.

Thanks Reimar and have a nice weekend.

Hello :o

@Reimar

Could it be that this is caused by some other update that borks things up? I reported a while ago that i am running into this issue right after installing SP3 on two different computers - well *right now* i'm doing a third computer, an Acer laptop, and there it happens as well..

In short, the machine had been "given" a pirated XP IN THE ACER SHOP (!!) where it was to have the HDD changed, and now i have done a system restore (with the original Acer recovery CD's) to get the real thing on it again. Right after that i installed SP3.

And now, further updates (KB... type as well as IE7, Malicious Software Removal Tool, WMP 11 etc) download but won't install, not even one-by-one.

There is no "Office" or any other "foreign" software on the machine apart from Windows XP and Acer's add-ons (drivers etc).

Best regards.....

Thanh

When the CPU in my desk top died I took it to a local shop. The guy there is pretty good, BUT, when I picked up my machine and took it home, I noticed things that were NOT installed before. When I set up my automatic updates, I found out my XP operating system was bogus. Why he thought it was necessary to re-install XP is a good question. At that point it was a two day job to get back legal and to get all my old programs re-installed.