Urologist In Chiang Mai

tcris52

Ram urologist can do it without any difficulty but it would be a tad more expensive than a Thai clinic.

It is called "spaying" when done to your pets, so is it truly an operation? Anytime they break the skin in a procedure, I believe operation is the operative word, some operations are not as serious as others.

The follow up check to see if there are any "floaters" as a previous poster has indicated is critical.

Ram urologist can do it without any difficulty but it would be a tad more expensive than a Thai clinic.

It is called "spaying" when done to your pets, so is it truly an operation? Anytime they break the skin in a procedure, I believe operation is the operative word, some operations are not as serious as others.

The follow up check to see if there are any "floaters" as a previous poster has indicated is critical.

You're right. I should have used the word "procedure" instead of operation.

You say "Ram" urologist. Is that one of the hospitals? I'm new in town.

Thanks.

Chiang Mai Ram is an expensive, high quality large hospital on the outside west edge of the moat, northbound from Suan Dok Gate. I would bet the same can be done south of there, at the Sripat Clinic of Maharaj general hospital. Perhaps it could also be done at McCormick, Lanna Hospital, etc. It is a quick, scheduled, inpatient surgical procedure. A day or two of recovery at home used to be recommended, as well. Vasectomy does not affect your libido or your semen, only your sperm count. After sterilization, you can still perform the good deed; you just can't make more babies.

But if you absolutely have to spend the most money, you can fly first class to Boston or London, or Bumringrad.

Chiang Mai Ram is an expensive, high quality large hospital on the outside west edge of the moat, northbound from Suan Dok Gate. I would bet the same can be done south of there, at the Sripat Clinic of Maharaj general hospital. Perhaps it could also be done at McCormick, Lanna Hospital, etc. It is a quick, scheduled, inpatient surgical procedure. A day or two of recovery at home used to be recommended, as well. Vasectomy does not affect your libido or your semen, only your sperm count. After sterilization, you can still perform the good deed; you just can't make more babies.

But if you absolutely have to spend the most money, you can fly first class to Boston or London, or Bumringrad.

Thanks PB.

That's the info I needed. I'm looking for good quality work at a fair price. Fair is not necessarily cheap, and expensive, high quality sounds good. After all, expensive is relative.

Can anyone recommend a good urologist that does vasectomies in Chaing Mai? It's time to get the tubes cut.

Thanks.

Tony

Dr Bunnakit (Urologist) at his clinic, Sripat Building or CMR - Mobile number 0818824085 (speaks excellent English)

Can anyone recommend a good urologist that does vasectomies in Chaing Mai? It's time to get the tubes cut.

Thanks.

Tony

Dr Bunnakit (Urologist) at his clinic, Sripat Building or CMR - Mobile number 0818824085 (speaks excellent English)

Thank you. I contacted him and have a consult set up.

Bumrungrad is the spelling... and first class is nok air plus and the cost at Bumrungrad will be about the same as Ram.. and its just a better hospital, I am sure you dont dispute this. Don't get me wrong I go to ram myself.. but if I was going to have someone cutting around my favorite part of my body I will make dam sure they are the best around...

Bumrungrad is the spelling... and first class is nok air plus and the cost at Bumrungrad will be about the same as Ram.. and its just a better hospital, I am sure you dont dispute this. Don't get me wrong I go to ram myself.. but if I was going to have someone cutting around my favorite part of my body I will make dam sure they are the best around...

But, a vasectomy is hardly rocket surgery. :D It is not even penis surgery. Two small incisions into the scrotal sack, disconnecting two tubules that can be felt if you touch your balls from the outside....very routine, hardly worthy of flying cross country when we live in the midst of enough surgeons to satisfy most of northern Thailand. Bumrungrad is good, but you do not need the best for a routine operation. The OP has his appointment, and the surgeon can do it at either Ram or Sripat (I have had surgeries at both). I am rather tired at expats who think Thailand only has one decent hospital for any malady.

Added: okay, two stories about my vasectomy. During the simple procedure, I was so nervous that I started telling the Black surgical tech some nonsense about racial differences in penis length. :o Then when I went in for the sperm count, it took about 20 minutes to produce the sample. I call back a day later and the master sergeant says they lost the result, come back and give another sample. I rush in and about five minutes later I give the MSgt his sample. He replies sarcastically, "Wow, you whipped that one out fast!" I smiled and said, "Sarge, could you just shut up and give me the results while I stand here?" Result: no floaters. :D

But, a vasectomy is hardly rocket surgery. :o It is not even penis surgery. Two small incisions into the scrotal sack, disconnecting two tubules that can be felt if you touch your balls from the outside....very routine, hardly worthy of flying cross country when we live in the midst of enough surgeons to satisfy most of northern Thailand. Bumrungrad is good, but you do not need the best for a routine operation. The OP has his appointment, and the surgeon can do it at either Ram or Sripat (I have had surgeries at both). I am rather tired at expats who think Thailand only has one decent hospital for any malady.

I have to agree. I'm 61 years old and living in Thailand. Therefore, to some extent, I'm betting my life on the quality of health care. If I trust that the medical care is good enough to deal with a heart attack, stroke, etc., I hope I can trust a recommended urologist with a vasectomy. I'm sure he's done quite a few and I doubt there is a lot of difference between Western and Thai plumbing.

But, a vasectomy is hardly rocket surgery. :o It is not even penis surgery. Two small incisions into the scrotal sack, disconnecting two tubules that can be felt if you touch your balls from the outside....very routine, hardly worthy of flying cross country when we live in the midst of enough surgeons to satisfy most of northern Thailand. Bumrungrad is good, but you do not need the best for a routine operation. The OP has his appointment, and the surgeon can do it at either Ram or Sripat (I have had surgeries at both). I am rather tired at expats who think Thailand only has one decent hospital for any malady.

I never said that Bumrungrad is the be all. But its the best in southeast asia hands down. Also the most over priced and the most over rated... but thats beside the point. Emergency care, minor illnesses, minor surgery, dermatology, dental, physical checkups and preventive medicine I get here in Chiang Mai. But elective surgery, major surgery and plastic surgery , I will get second opinions as the doctors time is cheap and then go to where ever I know I have the best chance for success. That being said I know there are better hospitals offshore but thats not in my price range.. We also have a wonderful tool at our disposal ... the internet to do as much research on our own before taking the word of someone else.

tcris, I am so familiar with Thai male plumbing that a full response would be TMI. :o

I do recommend scheduling it with several days at home, doing nothing strenuous.

I scheduled it. Snip is at 16:30 on Friday and I don't have to be anywhere until Monday at 09:00. I think I may refrain from taking my motorbike. I think a taxi ride would be indicated post procedure.

Thanks to all for their suggestions and comments.

Tony

• 1 year later...

I borrow this thread to ask about recommendations for any other good urologist in CM. I have been to both Ram and Sriphat a couple of times but unfortunately none of the urologists there have been able to help me with my problem. Thanks.

Remember to let it "rest". Lazy boy chairs and ice.

I had mine done 25 yrs ago went back to work within 3 days, had some terrible edema, more ice and elevated feet... always felt something just wasn't right.

Now I have a nice cyst the size of a tennis ball in one of my "boys" and going to have to get it surgically removed.

It's nice not shootin' live rounds anymore, but some times wish I would have taken more time to let 'em heal.

And do not take your motorbike to ride home post op.

I should have mentioned that my problem is not related to vasectomy. I am just asking about information on good urologists in CM (except those in Ram and Sriphat).

I have used Ram (I have to laugh when I say that in this context) - dont know his name but he was very good... but if you find another not at Ram please share

I should have mentioned that my problem is not related to vasectomy. I am just asking about information on good urologists in CM (except those in Ram and Sriphat).

Dr. Bunnakit Mobile: 0818824085

Give him a call and he'll see you at his clinic.

It will only cost you 200 Baht to see if you like him or not. :)

Thanks, but before I call him could you please let me know where he works.

Thanks, but before I call him could you please let me know where he works.

I've sent you a message.

I ask forgiveness for this but the devil made me do it......

Urological advice is being given by by by Up the Os

the devil made me do it......

I see your point, but you have absolutely no idea what Up the O's means, unless you have been to Brisbane Road on a cold Tuesday night in Fenbruary!

I have given no advice whatsoever, merely the name of a urologist who did some good for me. :)

I see your point, but you have absolutely no idea what Up the O's means, unless you have been to Brisbane Road on a cold Tuesday night in Fenbruary!

I have given no advice whatsoever, merely the name of a urologist who did some good for me. :)

One thing I remember from down under....

Good on ya

Sorry

No More....I quit..... and I wish you a much warmer Fenbruary next year.....

I'm just kiddin wit ya UP

:D

I have given no advice whatsoever, merely the name of a urologist who did some good for me. :D

One thing I remember from down under....

Good on ya

Sorry

No More....I quit..... and I wish you a much warmer Fenbruary next year.....

I'm just kiddin wit ya UP

:D

No problem, the Brisbane Road I'm referring to is in the East End of London, where it will always be bloody cold on a Tuesday night in February. :)

Ha ha exorcise this Luciferic being now before it’s too late man